Politics 2016 (election edition)

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People are justifying this by saying that he didn't explicitly call for anyone to hack. Implied apparently dies not count.

I just had that conversation with a coworker (who dislikes both trump and HRC). His point was that Trump simply was saying "you already have them, so release them" and was not encouraging an actual hack.

I told him that was a distinction without difference.

We both agreed that it was a tactical move though -- he's successfully put his name (and the Clinton email scandal) back in the news this week. We're all talking about this instead of the DNC convention.

In any case, Trump will suffer no consequences for this, and will probably benefit from it.

The press has no balls.  The press is a joke.  This will be forgotten about.  Just like:

1) He is a birther

2) He won't release his taxes

3) He has re-tweeted and uses untrue facts from neo-racist websites and sources

4) He has spread dangerous anti-vax propaganda

5) He has regularly encouraged violence against those who oppose him

6) He has made fun or denigrated people with disabilities, minorities, etc.  

I could go on, but it is pointless.  If it where any other candidate they would be toast.  We are living in a post truth world here.    

The press has no balls.  The press is a joke.  This will be forgotten about.  Just like:

1) He is a birther

2) He won't release his taxes

3) He has re-tweeted and uses untrue facts from neo-racist websites and sources

4) He has spread dangerous anti-vax propaganda

5) He has regularly encouraged violence against those who oppose him

6) He has made fun or denigrated people with disabilities, minorities, etc.  

I could go on, but it is pointless.  If it where any other candidate they would be toast.  We are living in a post truth world here.    

I think this will all change in the general election.

Of course, the press/news makes their money with ratings and Trump is great for business. Hopefully the press will pivot in the general and start pressing for truth (on both sides) - the ratings will be there regardless.

Of course Trump supporters - for the most part, I would guess - does not even follow the regular network news - so it doesn't matter what 'mainstream' news says. Some Sanders's supporters are in the same boat. 

Ted Koppel'a interview with Trump was pretty good --- Koppel was dismissive at times,  but I think Trump deserves it.

I thought Chuck Todd kinda held his own, the Sunday after the Convention - but he did not press too much on anything, but Todd definitely shown a bit of spine.

True. When was the last time Hillary fielded a question from the press? Any question?

Very true and she should hold a press conference or two - but she has answered plenty from the Congress --- maybe Trump can get in front of a Judge and answer some questions.

True. When was the last time Hillary fielded a question from the press? Any question?

The GOP controlled congress has done a pretty good job of asking questions,and the media has reported extensively on Benghazi, email,etc. BTW all cleared by the FBI and congress. Whereas Trump's lies have been largely ignored.

Remember when he said the President of the United States was not born in this country? And he has proof. He has not apologized for this. This accusation needs to be answered. It should be the first thing every reporter asks.

Maybe so. However, you're original premise was that the press had no balls. I cannot imagine a reputable reporter content with not asking questions of Hillary because others had questioned her. And she was hardly "cleared" about emails.

In any case, all politicians have a dislike of being questioned by the press, even when they are sympathetic. Her avoidance of press conferences is a fact.

I am just glad this awful election and awful choice is almost over. At least a new Wilco album and football are almost here.

Maybe so. However, you're original premise was that the press had no balls. I cannot imagine a reputable reporter content with not asking questions of Hillary because others had questioned her. And she was hardly "cleared" about emails.

In any case, all politicians have a dislike of being questioned by the press, even when they are sympathetic. Her avoidance of press conferences is a fact.

I am just glad this awful election and awful choice is almost over. At least a new Wilco album and football are almost here.

Also BTW she was asked about in on Jul 7th on CNN

http://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2015/07/07/hillary-cnn-intv-email.cnn

Also on Meet the Press

http://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-press/video/full-interview--hillary-clinton-on-meet-the-press-533201475511

You make it seem like Clinton is getting a free pass by the press, just because she is not doing press conferences.  She has testified in front of congress numerous times.  The questions about this have been asked, the questions have been answered.  With a few moments of using google I have found where the press has asked her these questions.  The amount of BS that Trump has spewed over the course of the year (especially in his acceptance speech) is unprecedented.  He needs to be called out on it.  He simply is not.  That fact remains.  Hillary Clinton has been scrutinized, by congress, by the press and nothing illegal was found.  That is fact.  

The list of Republicans that have decided not to endorse Trump, which is an absolute endorsement for Clinton, should be proof enough that the man just can't be trusted with the fate of the world. George Will being on the top of that list. 

The "Clinton gets a free pass from the press" is just a right wing talking point. It really means that the press is not treating her the way Breitbart, Fox, and other RW type treat her. Anything less than total contempt and disrespect is treating her with kid gloves. In my lifetime I don't think any politician in the US has been scrutinized more than Cljnton. Possibly her husband, Obama or maybe even Nixon, but she has definitely been subjected to intense scrutiny.

The "Clinton gets a free pass from the press" is just a right wing talking point. It really means that the press is not treating her the way Breitbart, Fox, and other RW type treat her. Anything less than total contempt and disrespect is treating her with kid gloves. In my lifetime I don't think any politician in the US has been scrutinized more than Cljnton. Possibly her husband, Obama or maybe even Nixon, but she has definitely been subjected to intense scrutiny.

Just in this election alone compare her treatment to that of Trump.  If anyone has gotten a free pass so far it is Trump.  

Just in this election alone compare her treatment to that of Trump. If anyone has gotten a free pass so far it is Trump.

This is a plot by the "Liberal Media" let Trump say what he wants unchallenged. He'll think he's getting a free pass and then say more and more outrageous stuff. Meanwhile the democrats will use his own words against him. That "liberal media" is devious

This is a plot by the "Liberal Media" let Trump say what he wants unchallenged. He'll think he's getting a free pass and then say more and more outrageous stuff. Meanwhile the democrats will use his own words against him. That "liberal media" is devious

In theory that would be great, but you forgot about those rubes out there who actually believe what Trump says.  And hates the media with such a passion anything they say against Trump is a liberal conspiracy.  I guess say Crooked Hillary enough times and she magically gets put in jail.  Kinda like a weird version of Beetlejuice.  

Trump has done a great job tapping into the fears of the American people.  His immigration "plans" are nothing more then xenophobic rhetoric, meant to play on American's inability to actually understand the complexities we face as a nation.  And I am sure Trump is bringing great ratings and that is why the media is afraid to really go after him.  Just think how boring this election would be if it was Clinton vs Jeb Bush.  I think I fell asleep while writing that.  

What? These shameless motherfuckers will say anything. Do they know the meaning of 'irony'? More likely they just don't care. Pence slams Obama: "politics is no place for name calling"

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/pence-slams-obama-politics-is-no-place-for-name-calling/ar-BBv25pH?li=BBnb7Kz

Katy Perry? Really? :lol

Well, I guess John Mayer isn't available, since he's on tour with the Dead.

I just did some checking. Katy Perry has over 71 million Facebook followers and over 91 million Twitter followers. These are different days, my friend. 

Does Trump know that it's probably not s good thing to verbally assault the grieving mother of a dead soldier? I didn't think so, what a jack ass.

There's quite a bit he doesn't know, that he spouts about.  Now if only his following would wake up.  Had this been white parents, he's rhetoric would have been much different.