Politics 2016 (election edition)

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the Trump Doctor thing is super weird, eh?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/08/27/the-strange-tale-of-donald-trumps-doctor-letter-just-got-stranger/

It is surprising to me that Trump and his surrogates have been questioning Clinton's health, when his own health claims are so sketchy.    

I guess it begs the question, are the health records of a presidential candidate important?  Are they more or less important than their tax records?  

To date, neither candidate has released any full health records (as a note Clinton did release a detailed letter from her doctor in 2015) and only Clinton has released her tax records.  

I find it funny that when the Dallas Morning News endorses a Democrat for the first time in 80 some years, they suddenly become a liberal rag. the endorsement is a scathing take down of Trump, the comments on the article range from well reasoned to pure comedic gold.

Yeah, that was rough. Poor guy doesn't even know how to BS his way through a question he was clearly unprepared for. At least Trump would have said "it's a disaster and all it's the fault of Obama's weakness and Crooked Hillary's lies" and they would have given him a pass.

Has anyone else found their Facebook feeds cyclically littered with hot debate about whether a pro athlete should ever sit out the national anthem?

I would have a problem if a second string QB for a team of don't care about was disruptive durning the Anthem (say running out on the field shouting all pigs must die) then what has happened recently.

To many patriotism is like religion. If you do not follow a certain type of patriotism you are a terrible person. But who is to say what is patriotism? Plus why do we care about other's patriotism?

I have no problem with Kaepernick kneeling during the anthem, I don't think it's going to have any measurable effect on a serious issue, but kneel away, sir. But when I saw photos of him wearing socks with pigs in police garb during training camp before he started his protest, I was surprised that the team and/or league didn't severely discipline him for wearing them. After the head of a national police organization complained about the socks, this was Kaepernick's statement: "I wore these socks, in the past, because the rogue cops that are allowed to hold positions in police departments, not only put the community in danger, but also the cops that have the right intentions in danger by creating an environment of tension and mistrust," Kaepernick wrote on Instagram on Thursday. "I have two uncles and friends who are police officers and work to protect and serve ALL people. So before these socks, which were worn before I took my public stance, are used to distract from the real issues, I wanted to address this immediately."

He isn't a bright man. If he is worried about law enforcement officers like his uncles and friends being put in danger, then he shouldn't have worn those socks. A public figure calling police pigs could aid in "creating an environment of tension and mistrust" that puts "cops that have the right intentions in danger".  Idiot. That he escaped discipline is a sad comment on the 49ers and the NFL.

I have no problem with Kaepernick kneeling during the anthem, I don't think it's going to have any measurable effect on a serious issue, but kneel away, sir. But when I saw photos of him wearing socks with pigs in police garb during training camp before he started his protest, I was surprised that the team and/or league didn't severely discipline him for wearing them. After the head of a national police organization complained about the socks, this was Kaepernick's statement: "I wore these socks, in the past, because the rogue cops that are allowed to hold positions in police departments, not only put the community in danger, but also the cops that have the right intentions in danger by creating an environment of tension and mistrust," Kaepernick wrote on Instagram on Thursday. "I have two uncles and friends who are police officers and work to protect and serve ALL people. So before these socks, which were worn before I took my public stance, are used to distract from the real issues, I wanted to address this immediately."

He isn't a bright man. If he is worried about law enforcement officers like his uncles and friends being put in danger, then he shouldn't have worn those socks. A public figure calling police pigs could aid in "creating an environment of tension and mistrust" that puts "cops that have the right intentions in danger". Idiot. That he escaped discipline is a sad comment on the 49ers and the NFL.

I agree with Doug. However, if he had protested Lee Greenwood's Proud to be an American, I might have cheered him. Not because of the sentiment of the song, which I agree with, but as a cynical, cliched attempt to revive a previously shitty career by a hack.

why does anyone care what a second string QB from a middling team does?  

As with the socks, it is not like Kapernick wore them to a press conference, or on the field during a game (it was practice).  He did not mention them.  The media is who made the socks a big deal not him.