Politics 2016 (election edition)

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trust me, it's nothing personal (I don't even know her) about Ono, just her music. You're a bird enthusiast/ornithological-like chap, no? Why aren't you out there sticking up for the birds who's land has been compromised?

I'll tell you what......if my favorite TV show weren't on tonite, I'd be driving my SUV westbound to relieve my Ya'll Queda compatriots!

Also,The Goldbergs

I'll tell you what......if my favorite TV show weren't on tonite, I'd be driving my SUV westbound to relieve my Ya'll Queda compatriots!

I prefer Yokel Haram or Daeshbags.

What are the chances that the right wing nutters will say, "If Mr. Finicum had only complied fully with law enforcement directives, he'd be alive today. That is the position that we have taken in all of the recent law enforcement shootings with black victims. Therefore, as rational people, we must be consistent in our logic." 

He clearly had his hands in the air then reaches into his jacket before being shot. This is after a high speed chase where he crashed trying to avoid a road block.

I can see both stories here with his hands up initially...after charging the FBI guys as he gets out of the car fairly quickly and moves in the direction of law enforcement before raising his hands.

Also last night I heard that there was one hold out, this morning I hear that there are four. So information is incomplete right now.

At least he wasn't running away unarmed. But for consistency's sake I have to wonder if they could have strategized a way to get him into custody without a fatality.

The strategy was that a road stop with a large police presence issuing directives of compliance would be the best way to arrest without fatalities. A well-trained law enforcement officer is almost certain to shoot you when you are part of an armed group that has made statements that they won't be taken alive and you reach into your jacket when confronted.

I don't care if he was going to pull out a foolproof plan for world peace. What he did was foolhardy and resulted in his death.

Yeah.  I think I'm trying to check my bias.  A lot of my more intelligent friends have questioned the impulse on the left to say, "Well if cops are killing unarmed black kids they'd better kill these armed extremists." 

I don't think anyone is saying that here, I think everyone has made fair points about the events.

I'm not saying that. I think every effort was made NOT to shoot these fuckers.  But clearly every court in the country will back up law enforcement officer that seems to have any reason to shoot someone.  The fact that no one was shot up to this point shows great restraint. Some idiot with a fire arm on their person that makes any false move is gonna be toast.  Everyone gets to be a martyr for their own cause I guess. 

LouieB

Any forecasts for this coming Monday nights results? I think Bernie comes in first and I'm going to go out on a limb and predict Rubio shocks the pollsters.

Hillary and Trump, by wide margins.  

Unfortunately, Bernie winning is a pipe dream.