Politics 2016 (election edition)

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was outside my polling place when it opened -- a worker came out and declared loudly three times - 'This Polling Place is now open' -- it was like I was back in 1775 and Paul Revere was riding through my village...

I don't think I can bring myself to vote for either one of the presidential candidates. On the other hand, we have some city propositions to vote for. That's exciting....

That's fair.  At least you're still participating, and especially where your vote counts the most.

I just can't fathom this (from Australia). I mean, we've got serious issues at the moment with our political system, but FFS - Trump is a construct of the media, acts like a maniacal demagogue and embodies everything about the world that is dumbed-down and post-truth. I literally feel ill watching this unfold.

I just can't fathom this (from Australia). I mean, we've got serious issues at the moment with our political system, but FFS - Trump is a construct of the media, acts like a maniacal demagogue and embodies everything about the world that is dumbed-down and post-truth. I literally feel ill watching this unfold.

It doesn't look a bit different from here.  :ohwell I don't recognize my own country. I'm getting vertigo at the idea of going from Obama to.....this.

We ought to really disassemble the Statue of Liberty and send it to a more deserving country.

Keep an eye out for those 4 horsemen. It's the only explanation I have.

Donald Trump is running for President?  That is funny - June 2015

Donald Trump will never be the nominee. - January 2016

Donald Trump will never be President - October 2016

These are things everyone said.  EVERY SINGLE PERSON.  Now look at where we are.  

Ok ok, let's pull ourselves from the ledge and pick ourselves.. Bootstraps, etc.

The people have voted, and the majority of the vote makes me sick, too.

My daughter asked me at dinner, "what would you do if Trump actually won?"

I replied, "I will respect the voice of the people, and be grateful that I live in a democracy." I did not expect to have to eat my words.

My true belief is that the successful or less than successful outcome of the advancement of my life should not not and will not be dependent on the person in the White House.

Yes, I'm disappointed (and maybe drinking!). But I believe to be safe and thankful and I will be grateful to make breakfast for my daughter tomorrow morning.

Disappointed in my country? Severely. Blessed? Absolutely.