Politics 2016 (election edition)

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sanders has a shot because it's a caucus and those things are weird. But I'm sure Hillary's camp is determined to not have an '08 repeat.

I don't really know wtf is going to happen on the other side. Given that he's been proving me wrong the whole time, I'll say it's going to be that dickwad with the bad rug.

Sooooo…………Some yahoo that lives off the govt but hates that govt (because its being run by a black mooslim) and swears hes gonna come out a blazin and rootin and a tootin Yosemite Sam style (but this Yosemite has himself an M-4 or an AR-15 or whatever) and he turns up dead????!!
And they preach over and over that the “thug” Trayvon deserved everything he got but now im supposed to “wait and see” in Hixters words and maybe shed a tear for his family.
Hate to be a hater but not likely in this lifetime. He did EXACTLY what he said he was gonna do. Im just glad no agents or local police were shot.

The thing about the Democratic Caucuses is that in each candidate, a candidate has to be "viable" to receive votes. That means if they don't have 15% of the room, then their supporters have to move to another candidate. I tend to think more O'Malley supporters will break for Sanders than for Clinton.  O'Malley's numbers suggest that he won't be viable in most precincts. Could be good news for Sanders.

The Republicans just vote on a ballot, no viability or anything. Trumps numbers seem to be back on the way up, but it will be interesting to see if people actually vote for him in the numbers he's polling. Evangelicals turn out in Iowa, that might give the edge to Cruz.

I'll be caucusing. I always welcome the insanity, but am glad when it's over.

The thing about the Democratic Caucuses is that in each candidate, a candidate has to be "viable" to receive votes. That means if they don't have 15% of the room, then their supporters have to move to another candidate. I tend to think more O'Malley supporters will break for Sanders than for Clinton. O'Malley's numbers suggest that he won't be viable in most precincts. Could be good news for Sanders.

The Republicans just vote on a ballot, no viability or anything. Trumps numbers seem to be back on the way up, but it will be interesting to see if people actually vote for him in the numbers he's polling. Evangelicals turn out in Iowa, that might give the edge to Cruz.

What makes you think O'Malley supporters will go to Sanders?

I think most anyone who doesn't currently support Clinton doesn't want to support Clinton. There will be exceptions. I suppose there's polling on this, but it just seems like Clinton is such a known quantity that her support isn't going to grow.

The thing about the Democratic Caucuses is that in each candidate, a candidate has to be "viable" to receive votes. That means if they don't have 15% of the room, then their supporters have to move to another candidate. I tend to think more O'Malley supporters will break for Sanders than for Clinton.  O'Malley's numbers suggest that he won't be viable in most precincts. Could be good news for Sanders.

This caucus thing sounds like a political version of red rover red rover. That said, I would caucus for purple monkey tits.

"Wrong" is a relative reply, btw. I didn't say you were wrong about, say, the viability of the Iran deal. That would be glib of me. I said you would be proven wrong about an election prediction. That didn't call for the response you gave.

"Wrong" is a relative reply, btw. I didn't say you were wrong about, say, the viability of the Iran deal. That would be glib of me. I said you would be proven wrong about an election prediction. That didn't call for the response you gave.

You may be a too sensitive for the internet.  

Dude, you simply stated  "Hillary and Trump, by wide margins." without explanation. But now you're acting like a dick because someone disagreed with your prognostication without explanation?

C'mon.

yep

Jaysus! I was going to make an attempt at levity by posting an image. But when you Google image "purple monkey breasts", some really weird and disturbing shit shows up. (Google said purple monkey tits found no matches, so check spelling etc.)

It's starting to feel like a GOP debate in here.

Exactly.  

I think Sir Stewart caught me in a bad mood and I just decided to roll with it.  Because why the hell not.  

Our candidates now act like they are youtube commenters or posting on message boards.  Sir Stewart's comment was the equivalent of something Donald Trump would say.  Never really explaining or actually putting any thought into it.  Not to say my prediction was an super cogent article or anything, but it was something.  But that what the race has become.  One line statements with no facts or thought.

But whatever, I am the dick.  

In the interests of keeping you fully informed, it must have been the work filter that wouldn't allow "tits". I googled imaged "purple monkey tits" from home and it offers up things just as weird and disturbing as "breasts". For instance, here is the 3rd image The Smokin' Purple Monkey Gang 1413557590_Monkeys_QMC_2014.jpg It just gets creepier from there.