Politics 2016 (election edition)

Pence appears to be scarier than Trump but who knows once this spaceship takes off in January. We still don't even know his cabinet, etc. appointees yet (which I'm not sure why the press is making such a big deal about as many previous presidents have taken much longer, i.e. Obama took 3 weeks). It's only been a week.

I think the press and the American people are making a big deal about this is because we have no idea what kind of president Trump will be.  He has never held elected office, through out the campaign his "policy" statements have been half formed ideas that seemingly contradict one another and tend to change based upon his mood.  The only sense of what type of president we will get is by looking at those he surrounds himself with.  So far with Bannon, Rudy, Higbe, it doesn't look good.

As for Pence.  He will have unprecedented power as VP.  I would imagine he would do the most day to day boring stuff while Trump takes what praise he can get.  But all in all Pence is scarier then Trump.  His views on gender equality, gay rights and a woman's right to choose are so regressive it is down right frightening.    

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is one important difference between Pence and Trump, and it makes all the difference. Pence said, "I'm a Christian, a conservative, and a Republican, in that order," Trump may not be a true atheist, but he isn't going to consult a book of mythology when making decisions.

Pence...unprecedented power? Dare I mention that just Eight years ago dirty Dick was VP and seemed to pretty much run everything.

Chaney was a puppet master, pulling the strings of GWB.  Pence is different.  He will actually be doing the day to day stuff that a president does.  I honestly think Trump does not want to be doing that type of stuff.  

So we have finally turned the entire federal government over to the religious right and the trickle down economics crew.  I guess we will see what they do with this country.  For better or worse the government changes slowly, so maybe not too much damage will be done in the next four years. Of course if you support this type of policy then I guess you just won Yatzee.  Congrats.

LouieB

Chaney was a puppet master, pulling the strings of GWB.  Pence is different.  He will actually be doing the day to day stuff that a president does.  I honestly think Trump does not want to be doing that type of stuff.  

94684c709775dc99bdf64935ebfb1ccb.jpg

Man the hissy fit Trump had about Pence being supposedly harassed by the cast of Hamilton is so rich, so ironic... We're in for some perplexing years of news.

How incredibly thin skinned this man is.  Between this and his SNL "tweets" recently it shows that he truly lacks the character and understanding to do this job well.

It is amazing not only how thin skinned he was with the Hamilton tweet, but how completely tone deaf he was when writing it.  He has the gall to mention safe spaces?  When people are carrying out hate crimes in his name and he offers nothing more than a milquetoast, "Stop it."  Ugh.  It will be a long four years.    

On the radio today I heard the president-elect talking to reporters about a general he's considering for a position, and he said "he's great, a really great guy. Just a great guy" and it took the wind out of me, the realization that on top of everything else, I have to listen to this dumb motherfucker talk like that for the next four fucking years.

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2016/11/22/502993588/trump-nixes-meeting-with-new-york-times-after-tough-session-with-broadcasters

President-elect severs diplomatic relations with media citing difficulty in reaching an agreement.

What a thin skinned asshole.  You are the President-elect of the United States.  The media should look into your business dealings, the media should look into what you do and what you say.  It is their job.  They should have done 18 months ago.  It is not like you have a pompous billionaire questioning your legitimacy as an American Citizen at every turn.  Maybe then you would have something to complain about.  

This has to be some sort of parody, or dark comedy.  What this man says is so unreal.