Totally.  I remember getting in the car and hearing a rare Dead track in Aug. 95.  Sure enough, Garcia had died.

I was working a summer job in a factory - a co-worker who was a big heavy metal fan use to goof with me because I was hippie looking dude - always in a good nature way - he was the one who told me about Garcia's passing, he actually seemed remorseful about it. Even though I saw him at the last Soldier Field show and he looked terrible, I didn't really believe the guy, since through out the summer he was always saying shit -- when I got in my car after our shift ended, a Dead song was playing on the radio station when I turned my car on and figured it was true. 

I was working a summer job in a factory - a co-worker who was a big heavy metal fan use to goof with me because I was hippie looking dude - always in a good nature way - he was the one who told me about Garcia's passing, he actually seemed remorseful about it. Even though I saw him at the last Soldier Field show and he looked terrible, I didn't really believe the guy, since through out the summer he was always saying shit -- when I got in my car after our shift ended, a Dead song was playing on the radio station when I turned my car on and figured it was true. 

Right, my station never played Dead...for them to play Alabama Getaway meant something was up.  so sad.  i was not surprised and kind of relieved.