• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get it, I guess. though I'm drawing the opposite conclusion from the same sources. Though he hasn't used any Dylan songs (or Beatles songs for that matter) in his movies either - would you also say he couldn't name 5 songs by either of those?

So, if you were on a game show, and sitting for the final $10,000,000 question, and Martin Scorsese walks up to the podium, and Wink Martindale asks you to bet whether or not Scorsese can name 5 Grateful Dead songs, you're going with the under?

The 5 song thing was kind of an arbitrary way of saying he don't know shit about the Dead, but yes I would take the under. You gotta factor cocaine and old age into the equation.

"Amir, we need more Around and Around* and The Last Time. Chop chop"

*Yes, I know it's a Berry song.

I read recently that De Niro helped him kick his coke habit (thus "saving his life") to film Raging Bull.

"Amir, we need more Around and Around* and The Last Time. Chop chop"

*Yes, I know it's a Berry song.

Don't forget Satisfaction and It's all Over Now (yeah, it's a Womack tune).

That's right. 

It's totally odd to see Jerry in a lavender tie-dye shirt. 

I saw a pic yesterday (that I saved on my phone) of Garcia (early '77) in a red t-shirt with a Stealie on it, playing the white Travis Bean with the "Ass, Grass, or Gas/Nobody Rides for Free" sticker at the bottom. 

Who couldn't name Truckin, Touch of Grey, Sugar Magnolia, Friend of the Devil, Ripple, Uncle John's Band, or Wave to the Wind?

BWAHAhahahahahahahahaaaaa

Some great footage of people out of their minds on the train, particularly Danko.

From what I recall, Pigpen is only seen on stage not in the train scenes. Is this the time when he was engaged with Janis?. I think I read somewhere that They Love each other was composed by Hunter and Garcia while sitting on the railroad tracks

From what I recall, Pigpen is only seen on stage not in the train scenes. Is this the time when he was engaged with Janis?. I think I read somewhere that They Love each other was composed by Hunter and Garcia while sitting on the railroad tracks

Don't recall Pig on the train, but think I remember reading about him jamming in the blues car with Buddy Guy.

Janis' boyfriend on the Festival Express was Marmaduke from NRPS. Pig was with Veronica at that point, although I think (?) I've seen a pic of her on that tour but I'm not 100% on that.

And this is the next one:

I do love that song Sugaree.

Grateful Dead Live at Felt Forum, Madison Square Garden on 1971-12-07

Cold Rain And Snow, Beat It On Down The Line, Mr. Charlie, Sugaree, Jack Straw, Next Time You See Me, Tennessee Jed, El Paso, Brokedown Palace, Run Rudolph Run, You Win Again, Cumberland Blues, Casey Jones Sugar Magnolia, Ramble On Rose, Big Boss Man, Mexicali Blues, Brown Eyed Women, Me And My Uncle, Smokestack Lightning, Deal, Truckin', Not Fade Away -> Goin' Down The Road Feelin' Bad -> Not Fade Away, E: One More Saturday Night

About 30 years ago I got 45 minutes of filler as a bonus on a tape trade. It was HC Sunshine > Space > Bobby McGee, WRS Prelude > Eyes. I've been in love with this show ever since. Finally got the whole show on CD about 15 years ago. '73!

And this is the next one:

I do love that song Sugaree.

I'm a bit perplexed why it wasn't 12/5 but that whole run is insane.