Chicago Pre-Sale

I was able to score ticket for the show, but I was not a fan of the method. I wasn't a fan of picking an individual section rather than the number of tickets and the best available seats. I would imagine they will be adding a second show to meet demand, but who knows. 

You could search either way. Right next to where it said Reserved Seating you could click on price or section links.

I didn't even see that option, too focused on just getting tickets. Are you going Sandy?

Steve

The site crashed on me at 10am. By the time I got back in, I could only pull 200 sections, so I passed and hope I can do better on the onsale. Hard to pay $85+ fees for tix, I've been wondering who the special guests might be and if that caused the high prices.

Pearl Jam is playing Wrigley Field the day before and the day after.  Eddie Vedder, perhaps?

edited to add where PJ is playing, if it wasn't known

The site crashed on me at 10am. By the time I got back in, I could only pull 200 sections, so I passed and hope I can do better on the onsale. Hard to pay $85+ fees for tix, I've been wondering who the special guests might be and if that caused the high prices.

I was still finding tickets in the 100's until after 11. Just kept trying. I found 2 in section 101, row Q. Kept looking and found some slightly better, sec 102 row H. I went to the cart and deleted the first pair, checked out and showed the correct total of $186.50 and only one pair of tickets. Got my confirmation email and was charged for both pairs! Don't know how it happened although I did have 2 browser windows open. Shouldn't have mattered since only showed one pair at checkout. I set a message to the ticket vendor and waiting to hear back. I'm not hopeful for a refund as everything I've seen states all sales final. We'll see, I'm sure I'll be able to unload them if needed. If you can't get better on Friday, I may have a pair for ya!

I was still finding tickets in the 100's until after 11. Just kept trying. I found 2 in section 101, row Q. Kept looking and found some slightly better, sec 102 row H. I went to the cart and deleted the first pair, checked out and showed the correct total of $186.50 and only one pair of tickets. Got my confirmation email and was charged for both pairs! Don't know how it happened although I did have 2 browser windows open. Shouldn't have mattered since only showed one pair at checkout. I set a message to the ticket vendor and waiting to hear back. I'm not hopeful for a refund as everything I've seen states all sales final. We'll see, I'm sure I'll be able to unload them if needed. If you can't get better on Friday, I may have a pair for ya!

I kept trying for about 45 minutes, but the best pair I got was 202 row FF. Most of them were 201 or 206, off to the side and halfway back in the section.  I would have bit (and probably should have), but the ticket price kinda put me off. Hesitation Blues! 

Pritzker is nice in the pavilion, not so much in the "listening lawn", so I'll keep my fingers crossed and see what happens on the regular sale. 

After a couple of tries, I got row AA in section 202 (first row in the second section).  As a height-challenged individual (I'm 5'1"), line of sight is everything for me, so I went with that.  There really aren't any bad seats in the pavillion though.  The ticket price is usurious, but I'd rather pay a high price and have it go to Wilco and the City of Chicago than some weasel on StubHub.

I doubt there will be a second show, but only the band knows. Since this is a big show with expensive tickets I am guessing this is about what they can do.  I am personally thinking of just waiting and seeing who has an extra closer to the show.  Maybe not the best tactic if you are from out of town, but not even sure I am going to be in town when this show occurs.  Kudos to Wilco for going big time. 

LouieB

Must have missed it. Tried t get on there this afternoon but no dice. Last time they played the Pritzker Pavilion it was a fantastic show. It's been my avatar here since the show. Will try for tickets again tomorrow.

I must have been at a different show at Pritzger.  The band was just okay and the audience kind of sucked. (Sorry to be snarky, but that's how I remember it.) 

LouieB

I dont know what show you were at Louie.  Somehow we ended up in the 2nd row in the aisle and things were great.  Had a blast.   

I havent decided on going or not. I feel like I'm kind of over seeing wilco for a while (been a long 20 years), but can't wait for May

Well I would call that a bust. Tried getting good seats in both of the presales and today. Signed in right on time and had the site crash or freeze on me all three times. Had good tickets in the cart each time and by the time I got back in all good seats were gone. Talked to Etix rep who basically said that's how it goes and there was nothing they could do. I hope you all had much better luck than I did. It just grinds my gears that hundreds of pairs of these tickets will be on stubhub today.

I pulled a decent pair on the Wilco presale and debated throwing them back to take my chances on better seats with the general onsale and I am really glad I didn't do that.  I checked to see what I could get at 11 out of curiosity and as you said, it was a major bust.  Maybe they'll ad a Saturday night show now?

Well I would call that a bust. Tried getting good seats in both of the presales and today. Signed in right on time and had the site crash or freeze on me all three times. Had good tickets in the cart each time and by the time I got back in all good seats were gone. Talked to Etix rep who basically said that's how it goes and there was nothing they could do. I hope you all had much better luck than I did. It just grinds my gears that hundreds of pairs of these tickets will be on stubhub today.

It was a bust for me as well. Tried both presales, as well as today's sale. I got an ok not great ticket in the band presale. I know of only one fan who got pit tickets, but StubHub has several pit tickets for over $400. I spent three mornings clicking on pictures of street signs, boats and food to no avail. The bots won this round for sure. I'd love if a Saturday show was added, but I suspect it would be more of the same.