• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love the umpire's reaction in the below video. Glad it did not knock Sale in the face....

Man, Sale and Latos are off to a great start. The league may start to figure Latos out, but I think Sale will be different story. Obviously it's early, but it's shaping up that Chicago will own both Cy Young Awards.

Dioner Navarro tosses a ball back to Chris Sale, but the pitcher already has one and is startled when he is almost hit by it

http://m.mlb.com/cws/video/topic/47150548/v632074583/cwstor-navarro-almost-hits-sale-tossing-ball-back/?c_id=cws

I was just thinking about this scenario the other day, but in the context of it happening a few weeks before the election. Is addition to the traditional rivalry/animosity between the two teams, there would also be a political element, as the profile of a typical Cubs fan would support Hillary, with the Sox fans getting behind trump (well, except maybe the African Americans among them). So yeah, I could totally see the bad stars coming into perfect alignment and the city burning to the ground.

^^^ Wow. That's an awfully broad brush you're painting with.  If there ever was a City Series in Chicago (and it's really unlikely it will happen this or any season), I can guarantee that it will be totally apolitical.

Ugh - Trump. Though if he can throw better than Danks, have the dude pitch.

I was watching Pearl Jam's Touring Band DVD yesterday and Vedder was sporting a White Sox cap at one point - i was kinda surprised, though the White Sox were great in 2000, which is when the DVD was shot.

Ugh - Trump. Though if he can throw better than Danks, have the dude pitch.

I was watching Pearl Jam's Touring Band DVD yesterday and Vedder was sporting a White Sox cap at one point - i was kinda surprised, though the White Sox were great in 2000, which is when the DVD was shot.

I thought Ed was a die hard Cub fan. Hell, he even wrote this little ditty.

But maybe by wearing a Sox cap he was getting his inner Ice Cube on.

Horrible song.

Almost as bad as "Go Cubs Go".

The whole Vedder' White Sox cap may have been a dig at Seattle, too. The White Sox played the Mariners in the playoffs in 2000 - the White Sox got swept.

I had a ticket to one of the playoff games, but I had to give it to my dad, since I was recovering from a hernia operation and was pretty immobile.

Horrible song.

Almost as bad as "Go Cubs Go".

Do not hate on Steve Goodman.  I simply will not tolerate it.   :twitchsmile

As far as bad Cubs songs the new theme for WSCR Cubs broadcast is horrid.

http://chicagoradioandmedia.com/news/8100-wscr-am-creates-new-cubs-theme-song

Though it is interesting that the Cubs over any professional sporting team have the loyalty to have a pretty big artist to to write a song about them.  I am sure there has been others but I can't think of any off the top of my head.  

I was just thinking about this scenario the other day, but in the context of it happening a few weeks before the election. Is addition to the traditional rivalry/animosity between the two teams, there would also be a political element, as the profile of a typical Cubs fan would support Hillary, with the Sox fans getting behind trump (well, except maybe the African Americans among them). So yeah, I could totally see the bad stars coming into perfect alignment and the city burning to the ground.

e663b33c_Billy-Madison-May-God-Have-Merc

New York Mets- hottest team in baseball with 7 wins in a row & having won 9 of their last 10... and last night two franchise records were broken- Cespedes has extra base hits in 9 consecutive games & the team scored 12 runs in the 3rd inning

New York Mets- hottest team in baseball with 7 wins in a row & having won 9 of their last 10... and last night two franchise records were broken- Cespedes has extra base hits in 9 consecutive games & the team scored 12 runs in the 3rd inning

Heard 12 runs were scored in an inning. That is insane. If the weather ever gets better in Chicago maybe the Cubs can keep up.

Rockies are back in 1st after crushing the Diamond Backs. Rookie short stop Trevor Story tied an mlb record for home runs.

True, but they're also tied with SF and LA,

Loved being able to watch all 3 BOS/NYY games this past weekend. The Big Papi comeback blast Fri night, the drubbing on Saturday, and the nail-biter last night.

Annd the Rockies take the Giants 17 to 7. I should have been watching that's a slug fest.

In other news how about them White Sox, looking sharp but not as sharp as thise Cubbies across town! I hadn't looked at the standings for a while.... impressive.

Annd the Rockies take the Giants 17 to 7. I should have been watching that's a slug fest.

In other news how about them White Sox, looking sharp but not as sharp as thise Cubbies across town! I hadn't looked at the standings for a while.... impressive.

Are you sure that is not the score of the Giants v Broncos game?

As for the Cubs, they are firing on all cylinders right now. The pitching has been outstanding and the offense is incredible. Interesting article from 538 on how truly dominant the Cubs are right now.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-cubs-start-is-even-more-dominant-than-it-seems/