• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Went to Sox park last night with my kid and made it up to the kid's Fundamentals area before the game - my kid and nieces had a blast.

Plus it was nice to see James Shields get a win, especially after he gave up a home run with his 2nd pitch of the game; of course the bullpen almost blew it for him in the 9th.

Also my kid and I got a chance to get a picture with the 2005 World Series trophy and sit in Reinsdorf's suite and the press box. Fun day/night at the ball park.

So I have been to 12 ballparks now and here are my definitive rankings*

11. Dodger Stadium (old, hard to get to, expensive, food selection pretty bad, cannot move between levels)

10. US Cellular (generally disappointing, food not great, cannot move between levels)

9.   Turner Field (just a park, nothing special or memorable, probably a good thing they are tearing it down)

8.   Yankee Stadium - New (for a team with that much history it felt woefully generic.)

7.   Target Field (for a newer park, it seemed to be lacking in the amenities that make modern ball parks great.)

6.    Coors Field (good park, like the views, pretty good food selection)

5.    Miller Park (the only park where there is true tailgating.  Big wide concourses, good food great sight lines)

4.    Oriole Park (great classic feel; love the food)

3.    Kauffman (great value, great food, lots to do, good job on updating an aging park)

2.    PNC (really nice beautiful park, lots of good food options, not a bad seat in the house)

1.    SafeCo (the view from the upper deck is amazing, the usher staff is extremely friendly, food is great)

* Note I did not rate Wrigley Field as it would be unfair to all other ball parks to compare to the temple of baseball, where the best fans and the best team plays.   

* Note I did not rate Wrigley Field as it would be unfair to all other ball parks to compare to a shit hole, where the drunkest fans and the best team (of 2016) plays.   

* Note I did not rate Wrigley Field as it would be unfair to all other ball parks to compare to a shit hole, where the drunkest fans and the best team (of 2016) plays.   

I see what you did there.  You took my words, changed them (while still attributing them to me) to put down my sports team and their facilities.  Hilarious.  Do you have a blog or a youtube channel so I can get your zingers on a daily basis?  I need more of this.  Classic!  Rack 'em!  

Why does it always seems that White Sox fan has a deep seeded hatred of the Cubs (and are vocal about it), whereas I think Cub fan couldn't care less about the White Sox.      

I'm actually quite jealous and wish the Sox were doing what the Cubs have done. Hire great front office people, tank for three-four years, draft really well to rebuild the farm system, and make smart trades and signings. I would absolutely trade rosters with the Cubs right now.

The teams I hate are the Tigers, Twins, Indians, and Royals. I don't hate the Cubs, but I do like messing with their fans.

I will say Wrigley Field is one of the worst fields I have ever played on. Fifth Third Bank Ballpark, where the Kane County Cougars play, is one of the best.

I will say Wrigley Field is one of the worst fields I have ever played on. Fifth Third Bank Ballpark, where the Kane County Cougars play, is one of the best.

You played pro ball?  Cool.  When did you play at Wrigley?  Is that before or after the major renovations, (I know they did a lot to the field)  The new Cubs club house looks amazing as well?  

I'm actually quite jealous and wish the Sox were doing what the Cubs have done. Hire great front office people, tank for three-four years, draft really well to rebuild the farm system, and make smart trades and signings. I would absolutely trade rosters with the Cubs right now.

The teams I hate are the Tigers, Twins, Indians, and Royals. I don't hate the Cubs, but I do like messing with their fans.

As a life long Cub fan I just get so tired of the Cub basing.  While it is true they have not won a World Series in a hundred plus years, they have been the butt of jokes, etc.  It is tiresome and unoriginal.  This year and years to come show how to build a team, how to compete for a long time.  I guess now it is better to be hated because the team is so good, rather than the lovable losers of years past.   

You played pro ball?  Cool.  When did you play at Wrigley?  Is that before or after the major renovations, (I know they did a lot to the field)  The new Cubs club house looks amazing as well?  

I wish I played pro ball. I was a top prospect before I blew out my shoulder and elbow.

• 3 weeks later...

Chapman to the Cubs. Nice deal for the Yankees who get 5 players back & the intention of signing Chapman in the winter.

Gleyber Torres is the SS prospect coming over from Chicago. OF prospect Billy McKinney joins him along with ex-Yank Adam Warren who was traded to the Cubs for Starlin Castro last December.

Chapman to the Cubs. Nice deal for the Yankees who get 5 players back & the intention of signing Chapman in the winter.

Gleyber Torres is the SS prospect coming over from Chicago. OF prospect Billy McKinney joins him along with ex-Yank Adam Warren who was traded to the Cubs for Starlin Castro last December.

I know a lot of Cubs fans are not happy with this deal.  Essentially it was Chapman for Castro and a bunch of pretty high quality prospects.    

It will be interesting to see how he jells with the Cubs culture especailly with Rizzo who is the captain of the team.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDsMlEaAwBY 

Also there is the issue of domestic abuse.  That is troubling.  

I guess if you can sign him to a long term deal and he embraces the team, stays out of trouble, it will be good.  But I am weary of this signing right now.  

I am not a Yankees fan, but I think they made the right moves. They needed to get younger and reload for the future since their 2016 team was going nowhere. I'd bet they'd have loved to unload a few others but their contracts were barriers to moving them (CC, Teixeira, A-Rod, etc.). Cashman did well.

• 1 month later...