Hello Wilco fans!

I'm from Barcelona and i'll be in Chicago for 3 days. Wilco is my favourite band and i'ts exciting to visit Chicago!

Any local guys can name some places to visit for a Wilco obsessed? Some restaurants, music stores, any location important for the band! For now, i'll visit Marina City and i'll be searching the Loft! Anything else?

Thank you very much.

V.

Not sure what you think you will see.  Marina Towers is a  public place and obvious because it made an album cover, but has no other real Wilco connection.  You can hit The Hideout, a place where lots of members and the band has played.  If you ask around you might just get someone to tell you where the loft is, but it is far off the beaten track and not much to see.  Running into a band member on the street is a long long long shot.

Just check out the thread and enjoy Chicago for what it is, a great place to visit. 

LouieB

• 2 weeks later...

Asking again.....did you come already and what did you see?  You never said when you were coming. I so love the hit and runs here.

LouieB

Hey LouieB,

I'm heading to Chicago for the JT solo shows at the Vic, and just wanted to say that I've found your post from 2008 to be VERY helpful. We are still trying to figure out the best neighborhood for us to find a hotel in, as we want to do touristy stuff but also be able to get to/ from the venue with ease. Your post has given us a great starting point! Many thanks!

Asking again.....did you come already and what did you see?  You never said when you were coming. I so love the hit and runs here.

LouieB

Haha, yeah...lotta hit and runs here. But Lou, you'll always be our Chicago ambassador. Those Super Summit(s) seem like ages ago now...