• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've only talked with him on the phone but yes, his name is Henry so I'm sure that's the same guy. Small world!

This all evolved from Susan Tweedy posting the t-shirt on her FB page. I bought it and then noticed that Jeff was wearing it at shows and I thought it would be a cool idea for us to show some unity at Solid Sound. It kind of mushroomed from there. Now I hear that Henry spoke with Susan and wanted to make sure we wouldn't have a problem if Wilco decided to promote the t-shirt on its own. I told him I thought it would be fine.

By the way, 100% of the proceeds (not just profits) from the sale of the shirt will be supporting Center of Excellence. Henry's wife is an immigration lawyer and this is an organization of people who help out at airports, etc. for people with immigration issues.

I've only talked with him on the phone but yes, his name is Henry so I'm sure that's the same guy. Small world!

This all evolved from Susan Tweedy posting the t-shirt on her FB page. I bought it and then noticed that Jeff was wearing it at shows and I thought it would be a cool idea for us to show some unity at Solid Sound. It kind of mushroomed from there. Now I hear that Henry spoke with Susan and wanted to make sure we wouldn't have a problem if Wilco decided to promote the t-shirt on its own. I told him I thought it would be fine.

By the way, 100% of the proceeds (not just profits) from the sale of the shirt will be supporting Center of Excellence. Henry's wife is an immigration lawyer and this is an organization of people who help out at airports, etc. for people with immigration issues.

Diane, I love that our money is going to support such a great cause. Thanks for spearheading this thing! What a nice show of unity in troubled times!

I can't get enough of Kevin Morby! I have been playing him on Spotify relentlessly for about two weeks. I can really hear the Tweety influence in his songwriting and singing style. Just picked up his back catalogue on vinyl for a pretty good price for all three at https://www.merchbar.com/.

Anyone else become a fan since his announcement on the SSV bill?

maybe i didn't see the thread, but no discussion on this?

WILCO TO PERFORM FAN-SELECTED STUDIO ALBUM IN FULL

ON SOLID SOUND FRIDAY

VOTING OPENS TODAY AT SOLIDSOUNDFESTIVAL.COM

In keeping with the tradition of playing a special set on the opening night of its Solid Sound Festival, this year Wilco will perform one of its studio albums in its entirety, with songs performed in their original track-listed order. The album performed will be determined by fans, who can vote for their favorite, beginning today at solidsoundfestival.com. Dave and Phil Alvin with the Guilty Ones, Nancy and Beth, Alloy Orchestra and Dawn of Midi also perform Friday and DJ Funkhouser spins an after-hours dance party. Solid Sound Festival takes place June 23-35 at MASS MoCA in North Adams, MA.

vote here (i bet Being There wins):

http://solidsoundfestival.com/

Being There all the way. The crown jewel, the album that has it all. Summerteeeth also would be pretty cool, but the album with NINETEEN FREAKING SONGS should be the clear winner here. There's a damn good chance you're gonna hear a chunk of YHF and AGIB anyway.

C'mon people, make it happen.

Schmilco!!! How flattered would the band feel to have their latest work, probably the one where they've all contributed the most equally, selected?

Your vote is your vote, but there's no way any of us should collectively pass up the opportunity for them to play all of Being There. Voting for Schmilco would be about half of a set.

Why would someone vote for Yankee Hotel Foxtrot? The band plays half that album every single night. I'm not trying to be mean, or ridicule someone's choice, but seriously Heavy Metal Drummer, Jesus Etc., I'm the Man Who Loves You, I am Trying to Break Your Heart, are pretty much a given at every show. And then when you factor in that over the course of two days they'll probably add in Ashes as well as War on War you've got almost the whole thing right there. 

Vote for whatever you want, except that. 

It looks like a close race between YHF and BT. While I agree with and understand the voters for YHF I have to make a clear case for BT. You'll hear MANY of the songs from YHF if you attend a few Wilco shows. At least 2-3 any given night plus a deeper cut from time to time. Hell, I've seen them about 10 times and have still never seen Kamera...But a chance to hear all of Being There. In full? That is a no brainer to me. I've never seen Far, Far Away, What's The World Got In Store, Say You Miss Me, Sunken Treasure, I'm assuming they'd play the alternate Outta Sight Outta Mind as well, Someone Else's Song, The Lonely 1...Shit! I haven't seen 1/2 of that release!

So...

For the love of all that is good and pure...Please consider voting for BT.

Vote early! Vote often!

Your vote is your vote, but there's no way any of us should collectively pass up the opportunity for them to play all of Being There. Voting for Schmilco would be about half of a set.

I sincerely doubt the entire set will be made up of one album. They'll play a regular length set with the album somewhere in there

Let me rephrase my statement: voting for Schmilco would be voting for one of the weaker Wilco albums...and an album that they've already been touring on. Voting for Being There gets you a full set's worth of classic Wilco, including many songs rarely performed by this lineup, some of the best pure rock 'n roll songs, power pop, the old alt-country, psychedelia and all sorts of amazing songs and styles in-between.

Let me rephrase my statement: voting for Schmilco would be voting for one of the weaker Wilco albums...and an album that they've already been touring on. Voting for Being There gets you a full set's worth of classic Wilco, including many songs rarely performed by this lineup, some of the best pure rock 'n roll songs, power pop, the old alt-country, psychedelia and all sorts of amazing songs and styles in-between.

I hear you and Being There is my second pick, but I'm voting for Sky Blue Sky because thats the record that deserves the most due, it was written by this version of the band and they hardly play from it anymore, it's my third favorite after Yankee and Ghost (which they play from always), plus I don't think Nels really understands the style of playing that makes Being There great and will only vote for it if they let Pat play lead the whole time. 

I'm voting for "Being There" myself, for the obvious double album reason & it's brilliant to boot... but... it looks like it's gonna be "Yankee Hotel Foxtrot" & that's great too.

Let's all vote for AM! It's all about the deep cuts, folks. (Being There actually got my vote..... strategic voting, etc).

Though really, I wish there was an option to vote for all the Jeff-on-lead-vocal-songs from Mermaid Avenue 1-3.