• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hear you and Being There is my second pick, but I'm voting for Sky Blue Sky because thats the record that deserves the most due, it was written by this version of the band and they hardly play from it anymore, it's my third favorite after Yankee and Ghost (which they play from always), plus I don't think Nels really understands the style of playing that makes Being There great and will only vote for it if they let Pat play lead the whole time.

I agree that SBS deserves more love than it gets. It was misunderstood upon release but I think time actually has been kind to it. There are just other songs than Impossible Germany to play live...

Regarding the "lack of enthusiasm" for the YHF proponents:

Anyone who thinks that hearing "Poor Places" --> "Reservations" is worth their vote is A-OK in my book.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On record, yes. Live? Eh...Reservations doesn't use the full band to its strengths. I'd rather hear it at a Jeff solo concert.

Okay, remember the covers set in 2013 when they opened up with The Boys Are Back In Town? Remember what a thrill that was? And how perfect it was since the the boys were in fact back in town? Well, that's the same huge jolt of joy it would be to watch them take the stage and launch into a full on rock version of Misunderstood. "Back in your old neighborhood" (I.e., North Adams.) Come on, people, this is a no brainer! We've got to launch a mega ballot stuffing campaign for Being There!

Let me rephrase my statement: voting for Schmilco would be voting for one of the weaker Wilco albums...and an album that they've already been touring on. Voting for Being There gets you a full set's worth of classic Wilco, including many songs rarely performed by this lineup, some of the best pure rock 'n roll songs, power pop, the old alt-country, psychedelia and all sorts of amazing songs and styles in-between.

Weaker?!? You talk about your friends that way?

Okay, remember the covers set in 2013 when they opened up with The Boys Are Back In Town? Remember what a thrill that was? And how perfect it was since the the boys were in fact back in town? Well, that's the same huge jolt of joy it would be to watch them take the stage and launch into a full on rock version of Misunderstood. "Back in your old neighborhood" (I.e., North Adams.) Come on, people, this is a no brainer! We've got to launch a mega ballot stuffing campaign for Being There!

Perfectly said. (I still smile every time I listen to them open that show with Boys Are Back In Town). Meanwhile, we're supposed to be able to vote 1x per day, its a new day but I can't vote. And YHF has a big lead, we need all the BT votes we can get.

Not surprised YHF is in the lead, it's by far their most popular album.

You have to remember that not everyone going has seen Wilco over 5 times...lol.

Being There would be a great choice though. In fact any of these would be a good choice besides Star Wars and Wilco (the album).

Amen to this

No brainer indeed!

We need to launch a full out BT voting blitz!

Not surprised YHF is in the lead, it's by far their most popular album.

You have to remember that not everyone going has seen Wilco over 5 times...lol.

Being There would be a great choice though. In fact any of these would be a good choice besides Star Wars and Wilco (the album).

I've you seen Wilco twice you've heard Jesus etc., Heavy Metal Drummer, and I'm the Man Who Loves You. (Unless you saw them twice before they released that album). YHF has 5 of their 10 most played songs in the band's career. I'm The Man Who Loves You has been played 902 times out of 1300 shows (which means basically every single show since they wrote it). 

But also, I don't know why i'm even making this case to you guys, I view you as more hardcore than the average phonegazers and friendchatters that I see at shows all the time now. I know those guys will be happy when they play Heavy Metal Drummer for the 685th time (probably more like 690 by the time SS rolls around), and while I'll be happy for them, I feel like this is a huge missed opportunity for the rest of us to get something we don't get all the time. And more importantly, something that we wouldn't have gotten anyway. 

maybe they'll end up playing whatever record is chosen Melvins-style.

not heavy and slow, but the way the Melvins played their record _Houdini_ as part of ATP's Don't Look Back series. In typical fashion, Buzz screwed around w/ the setlist and didn't play the songs in the album tracking order. "Everyone's already heard that version a million times. i figured we'd do something new."

I know there's no way to regulate this but one thing that frustrates me is the fact that some people are voting that are not going to the show. I wish we could put in some sort of procedure that verifies you'll be at the show and then you may vote 1 time per day.

I know there's no way to regulate this but one thing that frustrates me is the fact that some people are voting that are not going to the show. I wish we could put in some sort of procedure that verifies you'll be at the show and then you may vote 1 time per day.

That would probably cut down on the yankee votes

Well seeing as I have no need to hear every song off YHF again and BT seems to be the best contender to take it down, I have joined your ranks. I have found each browser allows you one vote and it seems to reset for each browser 24 hours after you cast your last vote (between 3:30-4:30 pm CST if you started right away). While the people who want to hear YHF will be excited with this voting mechanism at first, I doubt they have the sheer will and determination to dedicate time to this endeavor on a daily basis. In other words, we shall overcome

Well seeing as I have no need to hear every song off YHF again and BT seems to be the best contender to take it down, I have joined your ranks. I have found each browser allows you one vote and it seems to reset for each browser 24 hours after you cast your last vote (between 3:30-4:30 pm CST if you started right away). While the people who want to hear YHF will be excited with this voting mechanism at first, I doubt they have the sheer will and determination to dedicate time to this endeavor on a daily basis. In other words, we shall overcome

My hope as well.

My hope as well.

While the people who vote for yankee are probably misunderstood I would think far, far away you guys can get being there in. I think on Monday you should all start voting for being there so it comes in first outta site and outta mind blows away the competition! If it doesn't all those late nights will make you red eyed and blue! Anyway this concert is someday soon and you don't want to hear someone else's song! Why would you wanna live in this world if you didn't persue this goal! Hopefully I'm not the lonely 1 who thinks about this!

Err anyway not sure what got into me but good luck on the votes!

While the people who vote for yankee are probably misunderstood I would think far, far away you guys can get being there in. I think on Monday you should all start voting for being there so it comes in first outta site and outta mind blows away the competition! If it doesn't all those late nights will make you red eyed and blue! Anyway this concert is someday soon and you don't want to hear someone else's song! Why would you wanna live in this world if you didn't persue this goal! Hopefully I'm not the lonely 1 who thinks about this!

Err anyway not sure what got into me but good luck on the votes!

The World Record Players on a tour of Japan!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BT is now in the lead 27%-26%. 

While it has no chance of winning, I would be curious if TWL won if we would finally see a live performance of Sunloathe. Would the band perform or would it just be JT solo? I thought I read somewhere that the arrangement was too tough to pull off live.

If YHF wins the popular vote it is still possible for the Electoral College (the band) to pick Being There, right? They could also play YHF in its entirety over both nights, perhaps in 2-song increments.

I was hoping for some YHF shows a few years back, around the time of its tenth anniversay when album shows were coming into vogue again. I also agree with those who posted that A Ghost Is Born would be great to hear as a whole.