Wilco age getting off a world tour, and about to release a new album. So maybe they need a little more time to sort it out. Lodging in the area has gotten completely out of control in my opinion, so I'm not sure if I'll ever be able to afford another one :(

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought the band signed a five "year" agreement after the first festival, which was essentially a one-off , so that'd mean festivals in 2011, 2013, 2015, and 2017 and 2019. I recall reading/hearing that in several places at/after the 2015 festival but internet evidence is scarce. I found this:

"But he did thank Mass MoCA for being a great host for the festival. And to the City of North Adams “For making us feel welcome and so special.” That made one feel truly proud of Mass MoCA by working with Wilco to create what will continue, at least for the next three years of a five year agreement, as a fabulous annual event."

http://www.berkshirefinearts.com/06-26-2011_wilco-solid-sound-festival-day-two.htm

That makes it sound as if 2010 was part of the agreement and there was a plan all along. Hmmm.

• 2 weeks later...

A couple of weeks ago I tweeted to various people including Tony Margherita that the natives were growing restless about a Solid Sound 2017 announcement. I just got a response from Tony himself, saying that there would be an announcement in September!! It's definitely on, he said, but they're not quite ready to "go public" with dates yet, since they're still working out some scheduling details.

Umm, Via Chicago is no more public than Twitter, right??? Thrilled to get reassurance!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I just got an update from Mountain Jam that they have moved their dates (after 12 years in early June) to June 16 - 18, the weekend right before what would be the anticipated SS 2017 dates.  Now this makes me wonder if there could be some spillage/mixing of performers into SS.  I know it's two completely different vibes, but Jeff has played MJ the last two years (Tweedy & Wilco).

Thoughts?  

OLM

• 2 weeks later...

So I may have been ripped off by one of the local motels in Williamstown. I am extremely livid at the moment. For a small town,  some of the local business folks sure act like big city crooks. I'll keep the motel involved quiet for now, as I hopefully await a resolution in my favor.

Let's just say it's really turned me off to this festival...which is sad. ...and it hasn't even been announced yet!

My memory is lousy these days - we did get a communication from Wilco saying that info on Solid Sound 2017 was coming in September, right? If so, they have 1 hour and 45 minutes left to get that info out. Even just a tweet with the dates, or an updated SS website with the dates would be appreciated.

My memory is lousy these days - we did get a communication from Wilco saying that info on Solid Sound 2017 was coming in September, right? If so, they have 1 hour and 45 minutes left to get that info out. Even just a tweet with the dates, or an updated SS website with the dates would be appreciated.

I don't recall, was it some form of information coming from an "official" source? I do recall someone here on VC who had some informal contact with Tony who reported he said announcement in September?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk