Since the last couple of SS's have featured a theme (covers/acoustic shows), what if any do you all think this year's theme will be? Does the "We're bringing our friends" tag line hint at a full-album performance of Being There, now that they've broken the full-album seal (Star Wars)?

:guitar :guitar

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone in the northeast willing to grab some fresh hops over the next couple of weeks? Interested in Heady/Focal, Treehouse, Trillium, and Sip of Sunshine. Can bring fresh hops from Wisconsin/Illinois including but not limited to Pipeworks, Toppling Goliath, Half Acre and have seasonal/R&D from New Glarus and brewer's reserve from Central Waters. Am also willing to pay cash if you're only interested in a couple beers but can pick up a bunch. Thanks for reading!

A while back I posted in here about the option to buy t-shirts like the ones Jeff Tweedy has been wearing lately; they say "We're all in this together. except Trump. he's a dick." There are at least three groups of people (with lots of overlap) with members who are going to Solid Sound this year and we're trying to get a consensus on which day of the festival would be best to all wear our shirts for maximum impact. So the poll below has been created and shared to Via Chicago, the Facebook group Solid Sound Fest 2017, and the Facebook group A Shot in the Arm: the Wilco Fan group.

If you plan to wear one of the shirts, please take the poll below to register your preferences. A follow-up poll will be posted after the day has been decided, to propose a time and place during the day to gather for a group photo wearing our shirts.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/390889574423674/permalink/758769310969030/

mine came in the mail the other day... with you in remote solidarity, which ever day is selected.

Damn it, Tim, I'm so bummed you won't be there. Maybe when we get the group picture taken we'll send it to you and you can photoshop yourself in so you can "virtually" be there!

I'm starting to worry because I don't seem to be able to locate my tickets, now I can't remember if they ever arrived, hell I'm starting to wonder if I bought them, even though I remember buying them the day they went on sale even though I was on the fence about going. Could someone remind me when they went on sale so I can search my records.

I'm starting to worry because I don't seem to be able to locate my tickets, now I can't remember if they ever arrived, hell I'm starting to wonder if I bought them, even though I remember buying them the day they went on sale even though I was on the fence about going. Could someone remind me when they went on sale so I can search my records.

Look for a confirmation email from Eventbrite around beginning of December 2016.  Mine says tickets will be at will call.  

Whew! I was getting all stressed out, worrying for you!

Now I just need 5 more for my kids!

I can't believe even Solid Sound has gone to the print at home tickets, I guess ticket stub collections will soon be a thing of the past.

Damn it, Tim, I'm so bummed you won't be there. Maybe when we get the group picture taken we'll send it to you and you can photoshop yourself in so you can "virtually" be there!

maybe someone can set up a live feed for the Being There set... so it'll  be like i'm being there.

:rimshot:

lighting out a week from tomorrow.

so i have to stay up past midnight so i can countdown some more.

safe travels, my sisters and brothers.

funny that they put up the pop-up shows on teh schedule too, but left some element of surprise by not naming everyone.

i guarantee that Kurt Vile will be one of those.

Ooh, I hope you're right. I also hope that Tweedy the Elder might favor us with a sampling from Together Again.