• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like they are running a deal right now, buy a poster and you GET the Bundle! Interestingly enough I bought the Solid Sound Owl poster this morning before the offer started, so I figured why not look now in my "downloadables", sure enough the bundle is there!!!

Anyone else get a bad link for the Friday night (Roadcase 64) FLAC download? It shows up as the ALAC format for the Sunday Tweedy show.

Have a note in to KungFu Store now...

[uPDATED TWO MINUTES LATER]

Well, that was fast. The KFS people got back to me and said they've got the download links fixed now.

[uPDATED TWO MINUTES LATER]

Nope, not fixed. They give you 10 download attempts in your account, and I now have only three left.

Grrrrrrrrr.

[uPDATED FOR THE LAST TIME]

Finally fixed.

We planned on going this year with the family, but came up with other plans --- so I finally gotten around and bought some Roadcases - bought the run. 

We look forward to hear them. Starting with the last show. So far, the sound they sound is pretty good, I am up through New Madrid.

Also, there is a (full band) version of Should Have Been In Love in which the lead instrument is a piano rather than a guitar that is beautiful.

Not sure if it was done during this time, but I think it was Leroy on the keyboard.

That era is vastly underrated. Pre-AGIB versions of Hummingbird, At Least that's What You Said and Spiders are incredible,

Spiders is more like a garage-pop song in that era than an extended noisy guitar freakout. I dig it! My favorites from the era: Majestic Theatre (10/5/01); Filmore Auditorium (9/14/02); Ryman Auditorium (10/29/02); Penn's Landing (6/28/03) and McDonald Theatre (9/4/03). All magnificent recording too.

Also, there is a (full band) version of Should Have Been In Love in which the lead instrument is a piano rather than a guitar that is beautiful.

Not sure if it was done during this time, but I think it was Leroy on the keyboard.

There are really nice piano-led versions in the 10/5/01 and 9/4/03 shows listed above.

Spiders is more like a garage-pop song in that era than an extended noisy guitar freakout. I dig it! My favorites from the era: Majestic Theatre (10/5/01); Filmore Auditorium (9/14/02); Ryman Auditorium (10/29/02); Penn's Landing (6/28/03) and McDonald Theatre (9/4/03). All magnificent recording too.

There are really nice piano-led versions in the 10/5/01 and 9/4/03 shows listed above.

Are those shows available for download somewhere?

Correction my post above.

I meant to say Less Than You Think rather than At Least that's What You Said.

There are short (drone-less) versions of the song that IMHO are better.

Are those shows available for download somewhere?

Yes, both are on the Owl & Bear archive, linked below. You should be able stream them from sooutoftune.org as well.

I am pretty sure at least some of those shows will be at the Owl and Bear site.

https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0B5xZV5X8KwRCTlB3MXVpVGE1NGc

Thanks for the assist!

Correction my post above.

I meant to say Less Than You Think rather than At Least that's What You Said.

There are short (drone-less) versions of the song that IMHO are better.

I dig those 2002-2003 versions as well. When it appears in the sets today, it has that same arrangement (sans drone) that makes it a really pretty folk song. I saw them open with it in 2011 and it > into Art of Almost. Good stuff.

Spiders isn't on my copy of 10/5/01 and doesn't appear on internet setlists. Did it really appear that early? This thread made me dig out some live CDs from that era. Man, Jeff's banter was a bit rough back then.

Spiders isn't on my copy of 10/5/01 and doesn't appear on internet setlists. Did it really appear that early? This thread made me dig out some live CDs from that era. Man, Jeff's banter was a bit rough back then.

It was not played at that show. I was simply listing my favorite shows from the YHF era; did not mean to imply it was performed on 10/5/01. Good versions were played on 3/16/02 and 9/4/03. And on 6/28/03, I believe.

According to Wicobase, Spiders first appeared in a Jeff Tweedy solo set on 11-18-01, with the first full band performance taking place 3-11-02.

LOL, gotcha. I was looking up and down for it, haha. I read "favorites" as being favorite versions of Spiders. Anyhow, good to have an prompt to dig into the vault, something I rarely do anymore. Thanks.