• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some wishful thinking/general thoughts on the lineup:

Friday Set:  I feel like Wilco wouldn't necessarily repeat themselves.  If they did stick with the shtick of something special on Friday (like the covers and acoustic set), I feel like playing Star Wars and Schmilco in full, an all-request set, or playing a classic album would be pretty great.

There are so many band's I think would be touring around that time that would be perfect for the festival.  Tortoise and Lambchop come to mind.  Maybe the Sea and Cake?  On Fillmore would be likely as they're doing Big Ears as well. 

I'm really hoping that this is the year Jim O'Rourke plays.  It'd be cool to see him close out the festival on Sunday after so much anticipation. 

Some wishful thinking/general thoughts on the lineup:

Friday Set:  I feel like Wilco wouldn't necessarily repeat themselves.  If they did stick with the shtick of something special on Friday (like the covers and acoustic set), I feel like playing Star Wars and Schmilco in full, an all-request set, or playing a classic album would be pretty great.

There are so many band's I think would be touring around that time that would be perfect for the festival.  Tortoise and Lambchop come to mind.  Maybe the Sea and Cake?  On Fillmore would be likely as they're doing Big Ears as well. 

I'm really hoping that this is the year Jim O'Rourke plays.  It'd be cool to see him close out the festival on Sunday after so much anticipation. 

Also: Whitney and The Youngest would be some fine additions!

Mekons would be fantastic! They've been especially prolific lately and supposedly have two records in the pipeline for next 2017.

Love most of the suggestions so far, especially Courtney B and the Mountain Goats. Would love to see some Mass representation from the Lemonheads (30th anniversary next year) or Miacle Legion.

Mekons would be fantastic! They've been especially prolific lately and supposedly have two records in the pipeline for next 2017.

Love most of the suggestions so far, especially Courtney B and the Mountain Goats. Would love to see some Mass representation from the Lemonheads (30th anniversary next year) or Miacle Legion

All of these would tickle me greatly.  I've seen Courtney at a small club nearby and she was great.  Mark Mulcahy played SS several years back so I could see Miracle Legion as a real possibility.  I would definitely love to see them; they were a local favorite here in New Haven back in the day.  Never seen the Lemonheads but would love that too.  Oh the possibilities!

I'm hoping that Grandaddy will be there. They've been playing festivals lately and have a couple new songs so even though I think it's unlikely I can still hope.

Grandaddy's new album is finished. It would be great if they were on the bill along with Sea and Cake, Lambchop, Teenage Fanclub, Andy Shauf, Sleater-Kinney, The Wedding Present, Thee Oh Sees, Hamilton Leithauser/Rostam, Le Tigre, Courtney Barnett, Whitney, Steve Gunn, Cloud Nothings, Eleanor Friedberger, Ex-Hex, Wolf Parade, Hiss Golden Messanger, the Men, Richard Buckner, the Mountain Goats, Bob Mould, M. Ward and British Sea Power

With 237 days until Solid Sound, I am going to begin to delve deeper into the artists who have a connection to Wilco who have not yet played the festival (bands who have stopped by the Loft, bands who have recently opened for Wilco, bands on Wilco's Spotify list, etc.). Courtney Barnett, Steve Gunn, Kevin Morby, Big Thief, Kacy & Clayton - all part of this fall and winter's listening.