• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, 

I'm new to writing on this forum, but I have been following it for quite a while. 

I have been considering going to Solid Sound next year, however I have a few questions that perhaps people that have been before can help with. 

First of all, if the place easy to reach? I would be travelling to it from Europe, and potentially only have public transports to rely on. I wouldn't want to start buying the tickets and then find out it'll be very difficult to get there. 

On a similar note, how is the accommodation situation near the festival area? My understanding is that it is quite a small place, and again  would want to start planning everything and then not find anywhere to stay (asking early as my guess is that everything nearby needs to be booked fairly quickly).

Hope this is the right place to ask. 

Thanks, 

Monica

It's in the middle of nowhere! Most local accommodation will be already booked however there may be airbnb options (at inflated prices). I believe last year there were buses running from New York City, or maybe I dreamt that. I stayed in a motel about 30 mins drive north of North Adams, I did book that relatively late, about 4 months before the festival. If you look around and see a room available, book it now, making sure you can get a full refund if you don't make it over. You could probably stay as far away as Albany (1 hour) if you don't mind driving afterwards, but the roads are rural and very dark except on Sunday when it finishes early.

My wife and I are staying in Vermont. I think about 30-45 minutes away. AirBnB is what we used. There's still some stuff available but as summerdai already said the prices are inflated. It'll be worth it though. This is a once in a lifetime thing for me.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't get your hopes up - this is not a post to say that early bird tickets have been announced.

However, two years ago, on December 5th, early bird 3-day passes went on sale. They announced it on December 3rd. $124 was the early bird price, and $50 for kids passes. Four years ago, $99 was the early bird price.

Let's keep our fingers crossed that an announcement comes this week or next for ticket sales!

Don't get your hopes up - this is not a post to say that early bird tickets have been announced.

However, two years ago, on December 5th, early bird 3-day passes went on sale. They announced it on December 3rd. $124 was the early bird price, and $50 for kids passes. Four years ago, $99 was the early bird price.

Let's keep our fingers crossed that an announcement comes this week or next for ticket sales!

While I'm looking forward to this as much as anyone, I have always wished it didn't come at Christmas time! Who has a spare dime at this time of year?!

Got the email....

Yes early bird

Has it been two years already? Oh, yes. It has.

It's official. Tickets for Wilco's Solid Sound Festival 2017 go on sale this Friday, December 9th at 10am ET.

There are a limited number of Early Bird Weekend Passes available for $134 each. Kids passes will be available for $50. Take the leap of faith with us. It's going to be an unforgettable weekend again.

Got the email....

Yes early bird

Has it been two years already? Oh, yes. It has.

It's official. Tickets for Wilco's Solid Sound Festival 2017 go on sale this Friday, December 9th at 10am ET.

There are a limited number of Early Bird Weekend Passes available for $134 each. Kids passes will be available for $50. Take the leap of faith with us. It's going to be an unforgettable weekend again.

Just got the e-mail. Thanks!

In the past how hard has it been to get tickets? I know for a normal show you pretty much have to get them within the first few minutes or they're gone. Since this is a three day event and not everyone can do that I figure it won't be nearly as bad. Regardless, I'm getting mine right at 10, or at least I hope to. I'm trying at least!

Gosh the early bird tickets are within $25 of the Beacon Theater prices after fees..Solid sound is a solid deal!

I was thinking the same thing and Solid Sound gets you two full Wilco sets plus all the other amazing things...