• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some predictions (which would also make for a super awesome lineup): Big Thief, Kevin Morby, The Lemon Twigs, Girlpool. Tweedy has sung all of their praises and Morby opened a few shows for Wilco earlier this year. 

Some predictions (which would also make for a super awesome lineup): Big Thief, Kevin Morby, The Lemon Twigs, Girlpool. Tweedy has sung all of their praises and Morby opened a few shows for Wilco earlier this year. 

I love being introduced to cool new bands by Wilco!

What bands do you think are "too big" for Solid Sound? In my mind I have already dismissed Lord Huron because of crowd size when I've seen them play before. Who do you think is not worth getting hopes up for?

Bands that can draw more than 4,000 people on their own would be my guess as to the cut line.

Bands that can draw more than 4,000 people on their own would be my guess as to the cut line.

Does Lord Huron have that sort of draw? 

I would say that most of the direct support acts are definitely under a 4K draw... Neko Case, Levon Helm (RIP), Real Estate, Syl Johnson, Mavis Staples, The Relatives, Os Mutantes, etc. maybe Mac Demarco can, i dunno. 

Does Lord Huron have that sort of draw? 

I would say that most of the direct support acts are definitely under a 4K draw... Neko Case, Levon Helm (RIP), Real Estate, Syl Johnson, Mavis Staples, The Relatives, Os Mutantes, etc. maybe Mac Demarco can, i dunno. 

They're probably sniffing it. Not much more than that though...

The last time I saw Lord Huron it was at Red Hat in Raleigh. It's a 6000 seat venue and it was packed BUT it was a free show so it brought out a lot of people who normally wouldn't have been there. If they played a normal date in Raleigh it would probably have gone to the Ritz which is about 2000. So you're probably right. 

Well...The Ritz would sell out pretty quick so it would over 2000 but I'd side with you on the less than 4000 side. I can't use the show that I saw as an accurate assessment since the show was free.

I'm an idiot. You're talking about something different. Not the Lord Huron draw. Whoops.

Could Lord Huron fill Lake Huron?

I had to buy mine through the Higher Ground page because I didn't see any link after refreshing Wilcoworld. Tix are from Eventbrite. It looks legit. Event is listed as 5pm Fri - 11pm Sun. This is what makes me worried, unless it this year they decide to go wicked late.

Edit: I followed the link from yesterday's email and it brought me to Eventbrite.

Yeah, event bright? Was I buying tickets or was it just telling everyone on facebook I'm going? LOL. Entering gender/birthdate/age for buying tix? That was new. I wonder if the will-call option is just the wrist-band or if they will indeed provide an actual hard-copy ticket. 

I was on the Solid Sound site and it went straight to EventBrite. Tickets are already in my inbox. Now I can relax and just wait on the lineup.

As far as it going late on Sunday...I think I saw a list of tour dates that had Wilco playing the Sunday of SS17. I dismissed it just thinking it was a typo. Not sure anymore.

Got my ticket! But yes, I was pretty annoyed that gender, birth date, and age were required fields to buy tickets. Required?! Not to mention the fact that computers can presumably do math, so I'm not sure why they need birth date and age.

i'm sure it was done because there was a option for a Kids pass. But i guess if you really didn't want them to know your age you could have just made up a date.