• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was pretty annoyed that gender, birth date, and age were required fields to buy tickets. Required?! Not to mention the fact that computers can presumably do math, so I'm not sure why they need birth date and age.

I totally agree. Requiring those fields is obnoxious. Clearly they aren't smart (hence the math thing) and are going to use this to figure out how much to charge us for things in the future.

Any idea on how long these typically stay available. Christmas and Winterlude have already hit my wallet hard! Safe to assume they'll be on sale for awhile even if it's not early bird?

SS tickets haven't sold out more than a week in advance in the past. Saturday is usually the day that ends up selling out. Plenty of time to buy tickets, but I bet they raise the price around New Years if not sooner.

hardest part about SSF is finding a place to stay (if you aren't camping).

We wanted (and tried) to stay in town but ended up staying about 30-45 minutes away in Vermont. Not complaining though! I'd probably camp if I wasn't coming with my wife. Staying on site sounds like it would be fun.

Yes, safe bet. I don't think it has sold out before and tickets not hard to come by come May and right into June.

I totally agree. Requiring those fields is obnoxious. Clearly they aren't smart (hence the math thing) and are going to use this to figure out how much to charge us for things in the future.

Great, thank you

Well, got tickets so I'm going this year, never been before. I was going to take a small motorhome to camp but can't find anything around with hookups. I'd like power for A/C and water. I could get by without but want to know what the weather is typically like. I don't sleep well if hot. It looks like highs that time of the year are around 80 and lows in the 50s-60s. Is that about right? If so, I could  get by with 12V vent fan at night.

I may drive my truck out but as you know, hotels are a pain to find at this point and looks like going to be a good drive with what's left. Not opposed to that but how's parking in town or at shuttle lots? Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Well, got tickets so I'm going this year, never been before. I was going to take a small motorhome to camp but can't find anything around with hookups. I'd like power for A/C and water. I could get by without but want to know what the weather is typically like. I don't sleep well if hot. It looks like highs that time of the year are around 80 and lows in the 50s-60s. Is that about right? If so, I could  get by with 12V vent fan at night.

I may drive my truck out but as you know, hotels are a pain to find at this point and looks like going to be a good drive with what's left. Not opposed to that but how's parking in town or at shuttle lots? Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks!

It looks like there's a new option this year for "residence hall lodging" in North Adams.  Scroll down on the ticket order page past the camping. Might work for you.

I haven't had any trouble finding parking in town or at the shuttle lots.

It looks like there's a new option this year for "residence hall lodging" in North Adams.  Scroll down on the ticket order page past the camping. Might work for you.

Yeah, I saw that option but not for me. Thanks for the info!

Steve

The shuttle lots are indeed quite good. The shuttle buses are pretty good all in all. Any wait after a long day at a festival is always tough but theirs ran pretty well last time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks! What's the weather usually like? If not too warm at night I could park the RV at Aggie and take the shuttle. Don't really need power if don't need to run A/C. RV has a generator but won't be able to run at night. Will have water in the tank for showers and such. I really don't want to commit to Aggie as no refunds but might. There is a very nice campground close but I contacted and it's full at this time. The gentleman put me on a list if anyone cancels. 

Thanks again!

Sweet thanks for that tip!

I'd totally overlooked that part and had thought my best mate and I would be stuck in a tent:/ So rapt to get in on a dorm room right there since we'll be travelling without a vehicle:)

I don't know of any reason to expect it but I really want to see Pokey Lafarge as well, and mostly his harmonica player Ryan Koenig, so would love to see them on the bill!

And NZ's Marlon Williams would be great too. He opened for Justin Townes Earle here a couple of years ago so there's a tenuous link, but I'll be seeing him here at WOMAD in March anyway.

I ordered my two tickets directly from MassMoCA and they were $10.00 cheaper than going through Solid Sound and EventBrite.

What do you mean? Did you personally go to their box office? I went on their website just now and clicked for tickets and it was the same price, with I think a $13.50 handling fee.

Thanks to some wonderful wilco friends, I was able to find lodging in nearby Williamstown for SS 2013 & 2015. Due to my own negligence and yearning to scratch a new town/state off the list I was wondering if y'all have some recommendations. I've never been to Vermont and saw that Bennington is reasonable for traveling daily. There are also possibilities still within MA or even NY.

Your advice is appreciated!

Thank you!

What do you mean? Did you personally go to their box office? I went on their website just now and clicked for tickets and it was the same price, with I think a $13.50 handling fee.

I ordered online and the total handling fee was $18.00.  The total was about $10.00 cheaper than going through Solid Solid ($286.00 vs. $296.00).  I just checked again and the handling fees have gone up at Mass MoCA like you said.  At least I saved $10.00 when I ordered them yesterday.

Thanks to some wonderful wilco friends, I was able to find lodging in nearby Williamstown for SS 2013 & 2015. Due to my own negligence and yearning to scratch a new town/state off the list I was wondering if y'all have some recommendations. I've never been to Vermont and saw that Bennington is reasonable for traveling daily. There are also possibilities still within MA or even NY.

Your advice is appreciated!

Thank you!

My wife and I stayed in Bennington in 2015. Good call. If you do that, be sure to check out the Blue Benn Diner for a massive breakfast with cheesy 1950s ambiance. Surly waitress at no extra charge.

Looks like Lagunitas will be supplying beer at the fest:

LAGUNITAS Retweeted Solid Sound Festival

Can't wait to share a beer in June @SolidSoundFest! #SolidSound2017

More than their Wilco Tango Foxtrot? We'll see...

Meh. Really wish they'd work with local New England microbreweries. Some of the best beer in the country is coming from NE and they pick Lagunitas... 

edit: Then again, much like the lineup, I'm there for Wilco & everything else is secondary.

Agree. As stated, there are many quality New England breweries, so it doesn't fit that "local" ethos of the Festival. Beer is good.