Goldtoothed Lullaby for Rafter and Beams

Been listening to this on an old iPod I came across. The song is an early version of Sky Blue Sky that was used on a movie short called Zamboni Man in 2004.

I think the recording ranks as one of Tweedy's finest creations. It was around that time, I believe, that he recorded the Jandek cover, "Crack A Smile", which is another really great recording from Tweedy.

Tweedy played it in Raleigh when I saw him there about 10 years ago. I loved it then and it was cool experiencing the song develop into Sky Blue Sky.

I have a copy of the Raleigh show, if I can find time this weekend, I'll try to post it/send it. (if I can remember how...) The music is the same but different lyrics. Granted, I'm talking live solo acoustic, not the studio recording.

If it's the 8/16/2006 show - it is up at the The Wilco Live Show Archive.

That's it. I should've thought about the archive. Thanks!

I love live versions of songs as much as the next guy. But sometimes, specific recordings can be seemingly perfect. I've heard Wilco play At Least That's What You Said a number of times live in person, and other times on live recordings. To me...in regards to Tweedy's wet-sounding shredding of the guitar...NONE of the live versions I've heard have matched the urgency and thrill of the studio version. Same for Kotche's drumming. U2's song "New Year's Day" is great. And is always great live. But every time I hear it on the radio, I can't wait for Bono...after the long jam...to say "Oh", which actually sounds like "Augghhhh". Something about how he says it sounds so right.  R.E.M. has an Out Of Time demo version of "Me In Honey" where it sounds like a cheasy/cheap little kid Casio piano is used, and for me, the recording is far better than the album version. 

I rambled.

Point being, "Sky Blue Sky" is a great song in all its versions, but the horns and ice-skating effects and how Jeff sings the lyrics all work well on the Zamboni Man recording.

You think you could post the Zamboni Man version here? 

Not sure how to do that. Also, doing a short internet search, I was unable to find the song, or movie it came from, anywhere. 

Surely Tweedy will release it some day with other great non-Wilco songs he's recorded.