No record stores in Cincinnati or Northern Ky decided or were asked to participate according to the "Locator". I did get an email for my preorder orange record though this morning so after tending to all my domestic hinderances on one of my wife's late work nights I ran upstairs with my headphones to the desktop only to find the download isn't available yet. 12 hours of anticipation equals 4 minutes of glazed over disappointment staring at a screen saver.

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just "won" or rather was given all of the free schtuff! No one else showed up. It was kind of awkward. They took my pic to put on their FB page. The "white"vinyl pressing looks sweet. It's black and has the "I Heard Schmilco" sticker on one side.

that's awesome!

There were about 60 or so people at The Sinclair tonight. they had a decent amount of swag but only called three numbers, which i thought was a bit weird... the woman who had the first number called grabbed the LP, a slipmat, the gum and something else. i figured they should have doled out one item per ticket, but then again i wasn't running the thing.

It was a modest crowd at Sonic Boom but it had a nice vibe, there were maybe 20 or so people there but only half came for Wilco. At the end they had a raffle for the gum, slipmat and they had two LP's to giveaway. I won one of the test pressings which was pretty nice!

that's awesome!

There were about 60 or so people at The Sinclair tonight. they had a decent amount of swag but only called three numbers, which i thought was a bit weird... the woman who had the first number called grabbed the LP, a slipmat, the gum and something else. i figured they should have doled out one item per ticket, but then again i wasn't running the thing.

Thanks! I enjoyed winning the items and that's the main reason why I went. I'm so glad that that wasn't the first time that I got to hear the record because it was barely audible. I think the employee kept the promo cd for the store. I just noticed that I didn't get any postcard. Oh, I was also told in order to be considered for the drawing that I'd have to buy the vinyl which I didn't mind. The vinyl is pink, btw.

They should have had one item per numbered ticket at The Sinclair.

The party at Songbyrd in D.C. was fun. They were playing video from the Tiny Desk Concert and other shows while spinning Schmilco. Maybe fifty people there, but they definitely weren't all there for Wilco. A person at my table won a copy of the vinyl and they gave away a slip mat that I would have liked to have. Apparently UPS failed to deliver their copies of the album in time for the party, but we have been promised a chance to win one via email tomorrow. Wish me luck. It's the pink vinyl :-D

My pink vinyl copy from Bull Moose arrived on my doorstep this morning! It is very, very pink. Happy Schmilco day, everybody! :party

Small-ish crowd at our local store (CD Central in Lexington), around 10-12 of us, but I ran into a couple old friends who used to haunt the VC back in the day.  The store had a very high end turntable which certainly did a nice job but who really needs a $4000 turntable.... really.  And I won the gum, so there's that.

Oh, and the record is quite good.

Attended listening party at my local shop (Looney Tunes in W. Babylon NY). Didn't expect a crowd but certainly thought there'd be more than 2 of us! Was fun though. Got a poster and got to listen to Schmilco with a new Wilco friend!

it's between the green and the light pink for me as the best one...who got that light pink one?

I got a pink one through Bull Moose, and it doesn't really look like either of those pinks....I thought at first I had the lighter pink one, but I just now pulled it out and it seems halfway between the two pinks. But darker, so maybe the brighter pink? In the photo, the darker pink looks like kind of a neon "hot pink", which mine definitely isn't. It's more of a true bubblegum pink, moderately dark. Maybe the colors don't show true in the photo.

Either that or maybe I have a rare one-of-a-kind!  :twitchsmile