They have named albums after two movies now...Being There and Star Wars. I'm ok with the album titles.

Love this: "Twelve new songs and a vibe that Jeff Tweedy calls “joyously negative.”"

Joyously Negative ™

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be that guy:

Wilco (The Album)

Star Wars

Schmilco

Wilco is falling into a pattern of lazy album titles.  I prefer bands come up with their own shit.  I can't fault them on the quality of the music, however, and that's the main thing that matters.  But still, it's all part of the package, and I prefer none of it be lazy. 

I don't know if I'd say those are lazy album titles. I definitely don't think they take naming their albums as serious as they did with Yankee Hotel Foxtrot or A Ghost Is Born. Fortunately, they still take their music seriously so I'd guess it's actually a sign of maturity. ..If that makes sense??

Is everyone going to chew their gum? I almost feel bad destroying such a limited collectors item! 

strange, when I ordered the Gum was listed in my cart, but it's not shown on the invoice or order page? Does that mean I didn't get it? I literally ordered within 5 minutes of the site going live.

Maybe e-mail Kung Fu? I ordered mine at 7:20 PT and when I check my e-mail confirmation the gum is listed below the album.

Hi, do you know if the orange vinyl version exists. It is listed in the pre-order but when you pre-order what comes up is black vinyl. Does it mean orange is over or it really does not exist? Thanks

The same thing happened to me - maybe it's sold out already.  I'm a sucker for colored vinyl.

I'm not a vinyl person, but for those who are Bull Moose is offering an opaque pink version.

http://www.bullmoose.com/p/23275074/wilco-schmilco-pink-vinyl-indie-exclusive-includes-download-card

Nice! I'll be there for the midnight release. As I've said before, that's a great place to go and look at & buy records and they do midnight releases every week. It's also where I got a free white pressing of Sukierae autographed by Jeff & Spencer. My pics are too large to upload, but I'm sure that they're in here somewhere. I'll try from my Mac later. It's a nice piece.

On a humorous note, has anyone received an email from Wilco HQ regarding Schmilco? I find it funny that they asked for emails and we found out a lot of stuff on our own. I'm guessing it'll come in very soon.

On a humorous note, has anyone received an email from Wilco HQ regarding Schmilco? I find it funny that they asked for emails and we found out a lot of stuff on our own. I'm guessing it'll come in very soon.

I've received three from them so far. I'm guessing they really want us to know that Wilco has a new album coming out...

I have two Wilco world emails...

anyway...I actually ordered the "White" vinyl from Bull Moose. I had a feeling they would do a "indie store only" release too.

I wonder which one is more rare (pressing wise). I prefer Orange to pink though.

I see the pink pressing is 7,000. that's quite a bit for a limited pressing.

Usually those type of pressings are under 5k

The digital album from Google Play Music says it'll be released September 9th. They could still surprise everyone and gift it... but I dunno if they'd do that 2 years in a row.

Edit: For those that prefer to listen before they buy. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzLZtj-twXQ

Thanks for the link. This song is great! Love the production. All the instruments and vocals sound great! - particularly the drums and acoustic guitars.

So stoked for this record! Even more excited about those 3 shows in LA now!