Fillmore SF Residency Speculation

I think you might get a few shows with the Star Wars themed setlists like they did earlier this year and most recently this summer, but with a few more Schmilco songs thrown into the mix.

And about halfway through the residency, they'll flip the script and open up with the Hootenanny (or something similar to the acoustic portion of the An Evening With shows) & showcase a lot of tracks from Schmilco and have a rocking ending.

I'd bet that they play all of Schmilco on the show on the 9th.

I hope they change it up like they did with other residencies. I'm going two nights and I'm sure they know many fans will be going multiple nights. Obviously, they'll be highlighting the new songs but that still leaves a lot of room to mix it up.

I hope they change it up like they did with other residencies. I'm going two nights and I'm sure they know many fans will be going multiple nights. Obviously, they'll be highlighting the new songs but that still leaves a lot of room to mix it up.

Of course they're gonna mix it up. I won't say they will play no repeats for five nights, but having seen the band a handful of times, I can say with reasonable certainty that there will be some variety in the Fillmore setlists.

A more interesting question, perhaps, is whether there will be five different posters or just one for the entire residency?

Of course they're gonna mix it up. I won't say they will play no repeats for five nights, but having seen the band a handful of times, I can say with reasonable certainty that there will be some variety in the Fillmore setlists.

A more interesting question, perhaps, is whether there will be five different posters or just one for the entire residency?

Please define, "a handful of times."

They had three different posters for the run in 2000. Of course....that was 16 years ago.

For the December 2014 residency shows in Chicago there were different posters for all 6 nights, so I would bet there will be 5 different posters for the Fillmore shows. Of course, I assume there'll also be the free small poster from the Fillmore directly, which is cool to have.

Yeah, I figured they'd mix it up. It' just a question of how much.

I'm going to guess one poster for the entire residency. I've been going to the Fillmore for more than 20 years and have noticed some changes in the poster policy. They used to give them out for every show but now it's only for those that sell out. For some shows, if a band is selling its own poster there might not be a free one handed out because they'd rather you buy one from merch.

• 2 weeks later...

So... Wilco Schmilco listening party at Amoeba vs lineup early for the first night of the Fillmore shows... thoughts?

I would line up if it was GA, but then I'm a bit overzealous.

Not overzealous, just a fan with priorities in sight. Let's be real, they're both listening parties. But one you can listen to in your home for the rest of your life and the other happens the one time coming live from the artists responsible. Maybe that's just me though...

Not overzealous, just a fan with priorities in sight. Let's be real, they're both listening parties. But one you can listen to in your home for the rest of your life and the other happens the one time coming live from the artists responsible. Maybe that's just me though...

Just wondering with the band in town if they might do an in-person at Amoeba?