Now Watching 2017

No Westworld watchers here? I was reluctant at first but it's definitely living up to the hype.

I've watched since Episode 1 & I enjoy the show, but I feel that the way how they edit the story lines makes it a bit tough to watch. I felt the same way with Stranger Things. There were a few story lines that kept popping up that felt like filler. I can see myself watching Season 1 with a fresh perspective after watching the finale. I've read that Season 2 should be on in 2018.

The Netfix Marvel shows are also guilty of having filler. That's what happens when you try to do 13 episodes a season. I will say that Luke Cage surprised me as being the best Marvel show and utilized all 13 episodes perfectly.

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's definitely up there w The Wire, Sopranos, and Breaking Bad for best shows ever.

Cool. Never watched The Wire but have heard good things. Sopranos was probably my favorite series ever. Lovable, despicable thugs.

Cool. Never watched The Wire but have heard good things. Sopranos was probably my favorite series ever. Lovable, despicable thugs.

Someone on this site said this to me, and I pass it on to you: I'm jealous that you have yet to see the Wire. And Mad Men too. Both are very smart well-written shows. 

Agree with Mad Men - esp. the first few seasons -- it did seem to loose some steam, though - but well worth watching the entire run.

I am in the never watched the Wire series camp.  I think it is on Netflix or Prime, maybe a new series for us to watch in the new year.

Just finished Season 2 of Mr. Robot, which was great (and depressing and freaky). Also on the last episode of Season 6 of Game of Thrones - another great season.

• 2 weeks later...

I went to see Gimme Danger over the weekend. This is the documentary on Iggy and the Stooges. I would recommend to rock n' roll fans. The movie just focuses on that band. There is really no coverage on anybody's post Stooges career or their personal lives. 

Saw the first 45 minutes of Rogue One and had to bail -- it was too much for my 7 year old. I think one of the characters was really freaking him out. The Force Awakens didn't faze him when we saw it in the theaters.

Though, from what I saw of Rogue One, it definitely was 'darker' than the Force Awakens.

It was cool, though,  from what I saw.

Agree with Mad Men - esp. the first few seasons -- it did seem to loose some steam, though - but well worth watching the entire run.

I am in the never watched the Wire series camp.  I think it is on Netflix or Prime, maybe a new series for us to watch in the new year.

Just finished Season 2 of Mr. Robot, which was great (and depressing and freaky). Also on the last episode of Season 6 of Game of Thrones - another great season.

I bailed on Mr. Robot about 3 episodes into the 2nd season.

I watch the whole run of The Wire over Thanksgiving break. 

I bailed on Mr. Robot about 3 episodes into the 2nd season.

I watch the whole run of The Wire over Thanksgiving break. 

Mr. Robot really picked up steam midway through the 2nd season.

Saving the Wire for next year.

We watched the 1st episode The Man in the High Castle last night - it was a nice start.

I am watching The Office all the way through. Which I have not done - since it was on TV. That show is so great. 

(I have watched the British version several times now. It is also great - of course.)

Also - Defiance - I started watching. 

There's so much out there at this point. I kind of feel like giving up! Started several series over the last few months and can't finish one. Westworld, Stranger Things, Luke Cage, Tall Man in the Castle (or whatever the fuck it's called). Started OA last night. Ugh. It's like I'm on TV overload. I'm burned out on these mystery-laden sci fi shows, fantasy shows, dumb millennial comedies, insulting over 40 dramadies. Not sure what's worth watching these days. Maybe I'll go back to watch the Office. Never watched that. 

Guilty pleasures though...The Flash, Walking Dead, Star Wars Rebels. Saw Rogue One. Very cool but not really fun. It's a classic tragedy with lots of unnecessary stuff thrown in.  CGI? I'm anticipating some SW burn out as has happened with Marvel movies.

To be honest, if I'm gonna watch anything it's usually an episode of Bob Ross with the kids. Love Love Love that dude! 

Rant over.  Some good suggestions on here. Thanks!

Jarmusch did a great job with the doc, loved the mixture of styles esp. the animated segments. That & the Post Pop Depression live CD & DVD made all of the 2016 losses a wee bit less painful.

iggy%20stooges%20doc%20lead.jpg

I went to see Gimme Danger over the weekend. This is the documentary on Iggy and the Stooges. I would recommend to rock n' roll fans. The movie just focuses on that band. There is really no coverage on anybody's post Stooges career or their personal lives. 

Revenge of the Mekons on Netflix.  Nice tribute to a great band.

What did you think of the Wacos show, Chez? Was Jon a little under the weather? He kept "joking" about it being the last Wacos show, and I was bummed out to not get to hear my favorite: Fox River... But otherwise a good show, no?

^^^ I also was a bit bummed about not getting Fox River as it's one of my favorites.  I had my whole family there (7 of us) and we had a blast.  Front row.  I thought the stuff off "Going Down in History" sounded great. Jon didn't look so good, but he had lots of energy (as always) and sounded great.  A great night for me.