Now Watching 2017

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We're five episodes into 13 Reasons Why.  It's really starting to build up a head of steam, and I suspect it's going to thoroughly gut me before it's all over.

On season 5 of mad men.  A little behind the times I realize.  Just watched the episode where Draper throws on Revolver, Tomorrow never knows specifically. Thought maybe his mind would be expanded but he seemed rather indifferent.

OK Tipper  - I'll watch an episode first, before I watch it with the kid.

(honestly thanks for the parental head's up, though now I have a dumb Judas Priest song in my head)

I am watching the show again. I think what you will find is some language issues and adult situations. I just noticed the prostitute from Luther is in this show. Luther is definitely not a show you want your kids watching. 

Thanks - I haven't gotten around to watching it, but I did put on my saved shows on Netflix. The kid and I may just stick with American Pickers for now.

Will check out the  Detectorists, though - seems interesting.

Watched the Stooges doc last night. Enjoyed it.

Tonight I'm doing a rewatch of Rogue One, and tomorrow I get to finally see Silence.

When I walking into town this morning - I was thinking about how I don't care for the use or animation in many recent music documentaries I have seen. Now I am watching last night's episode of Fargo. And what do I see? Animation. 

When I walking into town this morning - I was thinking about how I don't care for the use or animation in many recent music documentaries I have seen. Now I am watching last night's episode of Fargo. And what do I see? Animation. 

spoiler alert!!!

I never know what nights what shows are on - I just set the DVR to record them and then we typically watch our shows over the weekend. 

Fargo is off to a better start this season - in that it's keeping to the general Coen theme of: Dumbasses who think they're due more than they're getting, so they make dumbass plan, and everything goes as cocked as possible. 

Season 2, with its organized crime war, went way outside of those bounds, IMHO. 

The one thing that's kind of grating now, is that Ewan McGregor and Michael Stuhlbarg seem to be doing their best impression of William H. Macy's character from the movie, rather than finding their own unique voices. 

I was about to bail on the show - until last night's episode. 

Good to know. Yeah, we're kind of "meh" on it so far. Been craving a good show lately. As much of an Odenkirk fan that I am, I just cannot get into Better Call Saul. Feud was good, not great. If we had Netflix, I'd be all over season 2 of Master of None. Season 1 was brilliant. We're enjoying Catastrophe on Amazon. 

I liked Master of None. I wonder if he can pull it off a second time. Speaking of Amazon, they just added a show I use to watch in the late 90s - Lexx. It's not for everyone. 

As much of an Odenkirk fan that I am, I just cannot get into Better Call Saul.

I don't know if you've given up on it or not, but I think this season has picked up significantly.

I don't know if you've given up on it or not, but I think this season has picked up significantly.

I don't know if I've given up on it as much as we just can't find the urge to pull the trigger to start watching it again... I have all the episodes of this season just sitting on the DVR...

It's not compelling enough to watch by myself. (If it's a show we can't watch together, I'd rather read). I don't know where we left off in season 2. We watched all of season 1, then it just died on the vine I guess. 

After viewing Sopranos, the Wire, Mad Men, and Breaking Bad, it's tough... It's such a high bar.

Recently, I found a vid on you tube of the Nairobi Trio, which used to be a staple on the Ernie Kovacs show, which I assume must have been shown on PBS? Because Ernie Kovacs died in 1962, 7 years before I was born. I remember this skit from when I was a kid, because my father would call me into the room to watch it. I sent him the link. He replied "We used to think this was funny?" I replied "I guess so."

I hope that when my boys are old enough to appreciate Monty Python's Flying Circus that it's still funny to me. I loved that show when I was a kid. I can still remember when I was walking my bike home through our back-yard, after a baseball practice, that my father came out the back door to tell me to hurry up, there's something on TV I wouldn't want to miss. It was MP's Holy Grail. That moment was my personal "Beatles on the Ed Sullivan show" moment. I don't remember if I had seen episodes of the show before I saw the movie, and I don't remember how old I was. But I hope that the show is as fresh and funny in comedy terms as the Beatles are in music terms. 

We re-watched Season 2 (Better Call Saul) a couple seasons ago and started Season 3 last night (watched Ep. 1 on some pay site, but Ep. 2 is all fucked up with the recording stating with 11 min left). I'm liking where it's all headed since the end of Season 2....

I don't know if I've given up on it as much as we just can't find the urge to pull the trigger to start watching it again... I have all the episodes of this season just sitting on the DVR...

It's not compelling enough to watch by myself. (If it's a show we can't watch together, I'd rather read). I don't know where we left off in season 2. We watched all of season 1, then it just died on the vine I guess. 

After viewing Sopranos, the Wire, Mad Men, and Breaking Bad, it's tough... It's such a high bar.

Recently, I found a vid on you tube of the Nairobi Trio, which used to be a staple on the Ernie Kovacs show, which I assume must have been shown on PBS? Because Ernie Kovacs died in 1962, 7 years before I was born. I remember this skit from when I was a kid, because my father would call me into the room to watch it. I sent him the link. He replied "We used to think this was funny?" I replied "I guess so."

I hope that when my boys are old enough to appreciate Monty Python's Flying Circus that it's still funny to me. I loved that show when I was a kid. I can still remember when I was walking my bike home through our back-yard, after a baseball practice, that my father came out the back door to tell me to hurry up, there's something on TV I wouldn't want to miss. It was MP's Holy Grail. That moment was my personal "Beatles on the Ed Sullivan show" moment. I don't remember if I had seen episodes of the show before I saw the movie, and I don't remember how old I was. But I hope that the show is as fresh and funny in comedy terms as the Beatles are in music terms. 

I use to watch the Ernie Kovacs Show at some point in the early/mid 1970s. When I was a teenager I liked to watch Monty Python, but now I can't stand that stuff.