It is a high holy day for me. The start of the Seattle Seahawks season. I'm going to the game & am getting psyched! I have a complicated set of constantly evolving pregame rituals that I have started. Included are clothing, blueberries, incense & "Jumping Jack Flash", to name a few. It has worked out pretty damn well so far. I feel really good about the Hawks chances to get another Super Bowl win this year. There is a really strong & good vibe around the team this year. With the exception of an early bye week the schedule this year is looking very favorable. I think the Hawks are going to have 12-14 wins in the regular season, win the NFC West (close battle with Arizona) & have home field through the playoffs. There are 3 tough road games (NE, GB & Arizona) but I think my boys will take 1 of those. Barring major injury, this could be a season to remember. It is looking like a perfect football day here. 65 & mostly sunny. We're taking a water taxi across the bay early & there will be a huge party going on in the area around the stadium. It's looking like an awesome day all around! Prediction: Seahawks 27 Dolphins 10. GO HAWKS!!!! WOO HOO!!!!!  :rock

PS: would luv to banter here with other NFL fans all season!

I love fall and Sunday Fundays. My lowly Lions will be mediocre yet again, and I'm not in their broadcast area, but I get huge kicks from watching my wife cuss out Cutler. Though today she's opting for the serenity of a yoga class at noon rather than the aggravation of watching Da Bears.

ahhhh, Cutler. heh heh heh

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Eagles Win/ cowboys lose= Good Day.

haha- quoting myself- Cowboys are looking like the real deal and the Eagles are looking like, well, the Eagles......

I do believe the game is starting to become unwatchable - the refs are worse every year, and the games are interminably long.Maybe because i'm getting older... maybe it's because I'm an Eagles fan. I used to watch a lot of pro football, now mostly just the Eagles, and transitioning interest towards the college game for the last couple of years.

2 great games in a row on 1 sunday yesterday. the nfl must be doing cartwheels at this point. as good as DAL/PITT was, the SEA/NE game last night was even better. for once, the refs didn't decide the game. just 2 great teams playing their hearts out. as far as the non call that decided the game went, it was totally appropriate. technically, both players probably committed fouls & the refs just let them play rather than try to decide who fouled first. as it should be. what a great game & i think a preview of super bowl 51. NE & SEA seem to bring out the best in each other. lets hope it is signs of things to come for the 2nd half of the season.

• 2 months later...

How depressing.  That was almost like election night all over again. 

lol, I had the same reaction last night.  from "we got this!" to "this can't possibly be happening..." to "oh damn, I can't believe that just happened."

slightly less significant of a loss this time, at least.