http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/hear-jim-james-soulful-protest-song-same-old-lie-w441740

Jim James laments social injustice, gun violence and political paranoia on his hypnotic new protest song, "Same Old Lie." "Now who's getting cheated out?/ You best believe it's the silent majority," he croons over a psychedelic synth pulse and sustained violin. "And if you don't vote, it's on you, not me."

"Hate crimes, shelter lines/ They try to take what's yours and mine," the My Morning Jacket frontman observes in hushed tones. "Is there any peace to be found in a lifetime?" After the primary groove climaxes around the four-minute mark, the track shifts gears with layered congas and vintage organ.

"Same Old Lie" will be released on James' upcoming second solo LP, Eternally Even, out November 4th. The track is available as an instant download with album pre-orders.

James co-produced Eternally Even, which follows his debut solo LP Regions of Light and Sound of God, with Blake Mills. The musician purposefully plotted the release date during the heated election cycle.

"I'm just trying to be a part of the discussion and encourage people to speak out for equality, to not be afraid to speak out for peace and love," James said in a statement. "All of us feel afraid at times in these absolutely insane times, but it's important we speak our minds, cast our votes and do not give in to fear and hatred."

James will launch a fall solo tour on September 28th in Pioneertown, California. Tickets go on-sale Friday, September 23rd. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Seeing him tomorrow night. No idea what to expect. Does anyone know what this tour is? I assume he's got a band? I searched but couldn't find any info.

Twin Limb, which includes Kevin Ratterman, plus Dave Givan on drums and Seth Kaufman (Floating Action) on bass.  Enjoy the show and please report back!

Twin Limb, which includes Kevin Ratterman, plus Dave Givan on drums and Seth Kaufman (Floating Action) on bass.  Enjoy the show and please report back!

According to the venue, Twin Limb at 9:00 and Jim James at 10:15. Maybe I misunderstood your post, are you saying that Twin Limb is backing James as well as playing their own set?