Baseball Post Season 2016

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It appears the Dodgers are coming to the end of the line. Chooch batting cleanup? Ouch. The Cubbies clearly have a stronger roster top to bottom- although Superman Clayton may have something to say about it tomorrow night, I also wouldn't be surprised if the Cubs chased him quickly- looks like the bats are clicking.after a quiet start to the series.

Roberts and Sir Maddon have been awesome in their respective strategic approaches- really cool to see what Roberts has done all year with a patchwork roster- is he the front-runner for Manager of the year or am I missing someone?

Now let me dream about Edwin Encarnacion signing with the Phillies shortly after the World Series......

Man, I was checking StubHub yesterday, just to see the insanity of what the bid/ask was.

Game 4, Saturday. 4 seats, front row behind (and to the left of) home plate: $40,000 each.

Today, they've been marked down to $38,000. 

http://www.stubhub.com/chicago-cubs-tickets-cubs-vs-indians-10-28-2016/event/9656989/?mbox=1&rS=6&abbyo=true&sliderpos=true&qtyq=false&dUpg=false&sort=quality+desc&byo=1&tktbkt=2&ticket_id=1223916707&ticketRank=3&byo_qty=4&bla=true

Man, I was checking StubHub yesterday, just to see the insanity of what the bid/ask was.

Game 4, Saturday. 4 seats, front row behind (and to the left of) home plate: $40,000 each.

Today, they've been marked down to $38,000. 

http://www.stubhub.com/chicago-cubs-tickets-cubs-vs-indians-10-28-2016/event/9656989/?mbox=1&rS=6&abbyo=true&sliderpos=true&qtyq=false&dUpg=false&sort=quality+desc&byo=1&tktbkt=2&ticket_id=1223916707&ticketRank=3&byo_qty=4&bla=true

I saw one for $99,998.00 at one time.  

What is this television you speak of?  I will await the scoring updates delivered to me via town crier.  

Carrier pigeon for me.

Seriously, I'm not looking to get into a debate about "the market bears what the market can bear!" about the inanity of ticket prices, but who the hell pays thousands of dollars for these seats? I realize the whole shebang about how long either team has been to a WS and all, but c'mon.

Ya know, I would've watched some Cubs playoff games with my kids IF they were on regular ol' TV. Looks like the Cubs missed an opportune moment to make some new fans.....ah well, I'll just continue to regale the kids with tales from that glorious year, 2005.

Ya know, I would've watched some Cubs playoff games with my kids IF they were on regular ol' TV. Looks like the Cubs missed an opportune moment to make some new fans.....ah well, I'll just continue to regale the kids with tales from that glorious year, 2005.

The Rockies do that, too. Local sports dj is always ragging on them for it. Weak.

I thought the game was on your local Fox channel?

http://www.tvguide.com/listings/

The World Series is on regular TV - none of the playoffs were. I had to purchase Sling TV for the month on the Roku, which costed $25. It's a month to month thing - so I guess it wasn't too bad. Already canceled it.

The combination of Kluber/Miller for potentially 2 more games in this WS will be a tall mountain to climb for CHI. Pretty solid drubbing last night.

Yeah it looks tough.  But if you remember in the NLCS, Kershaw did a similar thing to the Cubbies, but then got rocked.  This is what the Cubs will do to you.  Right now, concerned is what I am, worried no.  Look for a good bounce back tonight, a dominant performance by Hendricks in game 3 and Lackey yelling a screaming in game 4.  

But man I have to admit, Kluber was crazy good.  

I am a sucker for maps and such - I think the below map is pretty cool. My town is on the map -- 50% White Sox / 32% Cubs / 4% Yankees -- seems about right.

"A Map of Baseball Nation"

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2014/04/24/upshot/facebook-baseball-map.html?_r=1#7,42.273,-87.116

I grew up just to the right of New Haven with a lot of Red Sox fans (a lot of Mets and NYY fans, too).

I am a sucker for maps and such - I think the below map is pretty cool. My town is on the map -- 50% White Sox / 32% Cubs / 4% Yankees -- seems about right.

"A Map of Baseball Nation"

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2014/04/24/upshot/facebook-baseball-map.html?_r=1#7,42.273,-87.116

It's crazy to me, that in just about every area of no-mans-land, it's Yankees or Red Sox.

Poor Mets don't have a single county that they can claim their own.

What's going on around Memphis? Isn't that where the Cardinals AAA affiliate plays?

Yeah -- with all the rain yesterday, I am sure the field is going to be still a bit soggy, tomorrow night.

Will be interesting to see if he gets the start in Left.

If Schwaber does play, it would require Heyward in right. Shade Fowler and Hayward towards left, they can cover most of the in field. But, of course do you sit Zobrist? He was pretty hot last night. I guess is Schwaber plus Heyward, better then Zobrist plus Soler/Coughlin/almora?

I would bet we'll see Schwaber as a pitch hitter in the 7th.

I think he will be a pitch hitter, too - at least for tomorrow.

We'll see what happens if they don't win tomorrow, though, about Game 4 and 5. I think it's too risky putting him in the field for Game 3, since they really don't need to. Would be cool to see him get another 4 or so at bats, though tomorrow night, in Wrigley.