Hiss Golden Messenger

Not sure if this will be of interest to anyone but MC Taylor has been singing in the Jason Molina tribute group Songs: Molina. There's a great multicamera recording on YouTube now. I can't embed since it's a YT playlist so here's a hyperlink!

That's an unexpected surprise. In a very good way.

Yeah, I assumed we wouldn't get another HGM album for a few more years!

• 1 month later...

I'd love to know what his connection with Mississippi is. Lateness of Dancers, which he titled one of their albums, is taken from "Delta Wedding," a Eudora Welty short story. That's about when I discovered HGM. Then there's a song called "Biloxi" on Heart Like a Levee. And the new album has a song called "Gulfport You've Been on My Mind." Gulfport is a city next to Biloxi and is my hometown. At least I assume he's talking about Gulfport, Mississippi. 

I'd love to know what his connection with Mississippi is. Lateness of Dancers, which he titled one of their albums, is taken from "Delta Wedding," a Eudora Welty short story. That's about when I discovered HGM. Then there's a song called "Biloxi" on Heart Like a Levee. And the new album has a song called "Gulfport You've Been on My Mind." Gulfport is a city next to Biloxi and is my hometown. At least I assume he's talking about Gulfport, Mississippi. 

He addressed his fascination with that region in a recent interview, I think in Uncut.