In the Path of Hurricane Matthew

Hey all of you who find yourselves possibly in the path of this monster, please stay safe! Check in once in a while if you can, and let us know how it's going.

I hope it turns out to be much ado about nothing, and Matthew veers off harmlessly into the Atlantic. Good luck!

For those of us in Tampa, no issues, fortunately. The experts say rain and wind tomorrow, but shouldn't be too worrying. I have a 4 day weekend, Monday was already scheduled off, but schools closed tomorrow because some of our schools are designated as shelters for evacuees from Polk, a neighboring county to the east.

Thanks for asking, Donna. Those on the east coast, be smart and do as you're told. Stay safe.

Stay safe, folks in Florida and along the Atlantic Coast. Having endured several big hurricanes (including Katrina) over the years, I'm sending my thoughts & prayers your way. 

My wife just showed my some news video from St. Augustine. Wow! Some storm surge. Water in the streets in the historic district up to windows. Was it us or was part of The Bridge of Lions covered by water? Smells Like flowers, give a report, please. Going to St. Augustine in February for The B Rox and 97's show. We go at least once a year. Hope all is well for you, SLF.

We're in a holding pattern until we get the all-clear to head back to Savannah after emergency crews clear the roads of downed trees and power lines and re-inspect all the bridges. What video we've seen today of our area (Wilmington Island, east of Savannah) shows tons of uprooted trees & torn up power lines (I imagine the power will be out for days) but fortunately not much storm surge flooding. We won't know anything about our house until they let us back on the island.

I was in touch with Smells Like Flowers today and she's fine. She was able to stay with family who are more inland and is heading back home. However, she said it was really horrible. The water came within less than a foot of flooding her house.

Moxiebean, are you home yet? I hope you found your house in good shape. The pictures I've seen of the flooding have made me so sad, but I guess we have to be grateful there wasn't greater loss of life.

Check in when you are able. You too, Carrie (smells like flowers). I hope all is well.

Suites where are you down there? Hope y'all are safe

Wow, thanks...never go into Tongue Tied....so just saw this.

Yes we got lucky down here...day off work, gained like 5 pounds just eating all day.

I am in "West Fort Lauderdale"