Winterlude 2017

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks like my Winterlude plans are dashed: yesterday a 91 year old driving a Buick decided to hit me during a run in broad daylight yesterday. Thankfully it wasn't far from my house and I only suffered a fractured fibula, and bruises and cuts from head to toe. Could have been much much worse, so I'm counting my blessings.

I had hotel and flight booked, lucky they are both refundable- hadn't pulled the trigger yet for tickets. Hopefully will be good to go for the Beacon. Ouchie.

yesterday a 91 year old driving a Buick decided to hit me during a run in broad daylight yesterday. Ouchie.

A, when the hell did you take up running?

B, if you were any good at it, you should have been able to OUTRUN a 91YO in a Buick.

C, if it had been a black Nova I would have been way more impressed.

Seriously man, that's terrible news. Not at all what the dagwave needs these days. But I do hope the Beacon show works out better. It will. Then you can heal up before June and we'll see you at SS5.

Oh, and pics or it didn't happen. Cheers!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It looks like my Winterlude plans are dashed: yesterday a 91 year old driving a Buick decided to hit me during a run in broad daylight yesterday. Thankfully it wasn't far from my house and I only suffered a fractured fibula, and bruises and cuts from head to toe. Could have been much much worse, so I'm counting my blessings.

I had hotel and flight booked, lucky they are both refundable- hadn't pulled the trigger yet for tickets. Hopefully will be good to go for the Beacon. Ouchie.

Dave, I'm so sorry! Someone almost backed into me as I was walking back to my car in a grocery store parking lot the other day and I had visions of how easily something like that could happen. So scary! I hope you heal up quickly, my friend!

I believe Wilco takes the stage at 9, and Saturday's show is being broadcast by 93.1 or on 93xrt.com.

Here is the link: http://wxrt.cbslocal.com/2017/02/17/hear-wilco-live-on-xrt/

I would assume they are taking the stage at 9 pm each night for those going to shows other than Saturday.

Awesome, that's the only night I'm catching!

i wasn't sure where to post this, so forgive me if it should be in another thread.....

....but i can't be the only one who was bummed about the ticket release today. i bought presale tickets for Thursday and immediately bought the 2 seats i ended up with. come to find out today they're releasing tickets in the lower level, row DD, for tomorrows show. maybe im splitting hairs and the point is moot because it is a different day, but i felt a bit gipped. not a feeling i've really ever encountered with this band and their business operation. 

in my opinion jake fussell is a must. an american interpreter/bluesman of the highest caliber. jim elkington is great with steve gunn, nathan salsburg, and recently tweedy (plus many more). see, i do believe wilco does put a show together very well. 

Unless Billy's schedule precludes it, I would bet good money he'll make a guest appearance at the first night of Winterlude.

I saw Billy Bragg tonight (he was great), and he mentioned he was flying back to England tomorrow. So I guess this wont be happening, unfortunately. 

i wasn't sure where to post this, so forgive me if it should be in another thread.....

....but i can't be the only one who was bummed about the ticket release today. i bought presale tickets for Thursday and immediately bought the 2 seats i ended up with. come to find out today they're releasing tickets in the lower level, row DD, for tomorrows show. maybe im splitting hairs and the point is moot because it is a different day, but i felt a bit gipped. not a feeling i've really ever encountered with this band and their business operation. 

in my opinion jake fussell is a must. an american interpreter/bluesman of the highest caliber. jim elkington is great with steve gunn, nathan salsburg, and recently tweedy (plus many more). see, i do believe wilco does put a show together very well. 

I like your username  :rock