• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Starting a 2017 topic, as Wilco just announced a string of U.S. dates North American (Toronto is there too) for March, including a 4 night run at the Beacon Theater, March 18-9 and 21-22. All dates up on Wilcoworld, pre-sale starts Wednesday..

Starting a 2017 topic, as Wilco just announced a string of U.S. dates North American (Toronto is there too) for March, including a 4 night run at the Beacon Theater, March 18-9 and 21-22. All dates up on Wilcoworld, pre-sale starts Wednesday..

Aaah, sorry about that. No disrespect to our northern friends, I was so focused on the Beacon shows I didn't really look elsewhere.

Hoping for some Boston shows, but will plan on making the trip down to the Beacon for at least 1.

I get the feeling that they'll play Boston after Solid Sound. The inaugural year was the last time that Wilco played in Boston before a Solid Sound in the same calendar year. They did the Bob Dylan tour a month after Solid Sound in 2013, but that wasn't Boston proper. I'd love a Boston show too, but I'd rather they hit a CT theater and come back to the Capitol Theater in Concord, NH which is perfect for the Schmilco tour.

My gf and I are planning a trip to NYC around her 30th birthday on March 18, so it's needless to say I'm stoked about the Beacon Theatre announcement. However, I'm afraid it will be tough to get tickets. Any advice for a Dutch kid who never visited the States so far - or is it just a matter of logging in to the presale site and pray for the best?

I'm not much for praying but that's about it. But just keep trying if you don't get through the first time. Honestly, I've never been shut out of a Wilco show before. The NYC tickets will be in demand, for sure, but there are 4 night to choose from. Best of luck...

It just hit me that the new run of shows announced yesterday are billed as part of the Schmilco tour, as opposed to the four night run in Chicago being billed as Winterlude. I guess what I'm thinking is that even though the newly announced dates include multiple consecutive nights at one theater, we shouldn't expect as much set list variation at Schmilco shows as at Winterlude shows. I don't think the difference in the names of the shows is accidental.

It just hit me that the new run of shows announced yesterday are billed as part of the Schmilco tour, as opposed to the four night run in Chicago being billed as Winterlude. I guess what I'm thinking is that even though the newly announced dates include multiple consecutive nights at one theater, we shouldn't expect as much set list variation at Schmilco shows as at Winterlude shows. I don't think the difference in the names of the shows is accidental.

That could well be the case as a general matter, but i am pretty confident that they will really mix up the setlist during a 4 night run at the same venue in NYC. Time will tell and only wish we didn't have to wait 4 months for an answer!

Ok, this is my problem. I should state right off, that it is the sort of "problem" that will cause no tears to be shed by those reading.

My wife, my dog and I are doing the Canadian snowbird thing this winter. Driving down by car and spending months in Arizona and California. We plan to leave Ontario driving south on Dec. 29th. We have various airbnb's set up for January and February, so we have flexibility for March and April.

We were planning to be back home for the middle of April.

Then yesterday Wilco announced two nights performing at Massey Hall Toronto in the middle of March.   They are trying to break my heart. I have seen them multiple times at Massey Hall - fantastic every time.

Should we plan to abandon sunny California and head back to Toronto for the middle of cold snowy March to see Wilco?

Should we plan instead to head to Knoxville Tenn. Big Ears Festival to see Wilco in March and still be in southern climes? 

If we end up elsewhere in March, we have never missed a Solid Sound and will be enjoying Wilco in June...  guide us, wise Wilco folks, guide us....

Ok, this is my problem. I should state right off, that it is the sort of "problem" that will cause no tears to be shed by those reading.

My wife, my dog and I are doing the Canadian snowbird thing this winter. Driving down by car and spending months in Arizona and California. We plan to leave Ontario driving south on Dec. 29th. We have various airbnb's set up for January and February, so we have flexibility for March and April.

We were planning to be back home for the middle of April.

Then yesterday Wilco announced two nights performing at Massey Hall Toronto in the middle of March.   They are trying to break my heart. I have seen them multiple times at Massey Hall - fantastic every time.

Should we plan to abandon sunny California and head back to Toronto for the middle of cold snowy March to see Wilco?

Should we plan instead to head to Knoxville Tenn. Big Ears Festival to see Wilco in March and still be in southern climes? 

If we end up elsewhere in March, we have never missed a Solid Sound and will be enjoying Wilco in June...  guide us, wise Wilco folks, guide us....

Wait until the full tour is announced so you can make a plan. Maybe something out west will be added in early March and you could see that instead of heading home. Visiting NY for the Wilco run is another option. Personally, i was planning to see a few Green Day shows up in Canada in March and now they overlap with the Wilco Beacon shows so will stay home. Another "problem" not deserving in sympathy. I do plan to go to Massey and loved seeing the two shows there in 2011. 

That could well be the case as a general matter, but i am pretty confident that they will really mix up the setlist during a 4 night run at the same venue in NYC. Time will tell and only wish we didn't have to wait 4 months for an answer!

I would agree that the Winterlude shows could have more variation than the Beacon run.  Take a look at the variation between the three Los Angeles shows earlier this year on the Schmilco tour.  My guess is it'll be about the same for the Beacon, about 6-8 songs different each night, but plenty of repeats and a good number of songs played at all 4 shows.  Hopefully there will be fewer repeats for Winterlude!

Wait until the full tour is announced so you can make a plan. Maybe something out west will be added in early March and you could see that instead of heading home. Visiting NY for the Wilco run is another option. Personally, i was planning to see a few Green Day shows up in Canada in March and now they overlap with the Wilco Beacon shows so will stay home. Another "problem" not deserving in sympathy. I do plan to go to Massey and loved seeing the two shows there in 2011. 

Problem with that is whether or not he needs to try for  tix on the morrow. I'm wondering if they're not going to wind up on the Coachella bill, and play some dates around it in the west/southwest. They haven't played Coachella since 2005. If that's the case, I'd think they won't drop those dates until the January lineup announcement. Same reason Radiohead, who is headlining for the 3rd time, hasn't announced their NA tour dates yet.