^yeah thousands of them. I like to use Israel as an example. Israel has tons of walls, barbed wire etc...how much stuff has been smuggled to and from Gaza etc and that is way more fortified than the US/Mex border will ever be.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's all about the image of a wall.

You start building a small portion of the wall, hype the hell out of it, then slowly stop talking about it and illegal

Immigrants, then the faithful will think problem solved. Create the illusion that all is well and all will be well in the minds of the faithful, nothing really has to be done. It's how propaganda works.

They will probably have to deport a bunch of people too. Gather them up and when a few thousand have been accumulated generate images that give the appearance of mass deportations.

Expect a tweet soon that will deflect attention from this.

and done

The twit in chief is slamming Arnold for poor premier ratings.   :rotfl   Personally, I've boycotted everything that currently or previously supported Drumpf...not that I have watched that shit show in 16 years anyway.

and done

The twit in chief is slamming Arnold for poor premier ratings. :rotfl Personally, I've boycotted everything that currently or previously supported Drumpf...not that I have watched that shit show in 16 years anyway.

The media needs to stay away from Trump's twitter feed. It is nonsense. It does more to deflect what is really going on then actually present information.

Trump is a way less cool version of Zaphod Beeblebrox

He needs to be impeached on day 1 if he is not 100% divested from all of his business interests. Also, journalists and the FBI need to be carefully monitoring his family's business dealings and the impact his decisions as president have on them.

I think impeachment could happen, but the Republicans will have to do it. Impeach him and elevate pence before the stench of the trump admin fully infects him.

Also regarding the hacking, even if there was zero effect on the outcome of the election (there was though) but pretend no effect republicans, democrats, independents everybody should be outraged that a foreign government was attempting to interfere in our national elections. Instead we have way too many people making excuses and talking about sore losers. WTF is wrong with our country?

His response is being talked about on the news this morning. I immediately assumed he tweeted a response, but was somewhat surprised that he responded in a (very?) early morning interview with the NY Times. I'm not sure what that says about the NY Times.

His response is being talked about on the news this morning. I immediately assumed he tweeted a response, but was somewhat surprised that he responded in a (very?) early morning interview with the NY Times. I'm not sure what that says about the NY Times.

Don't you mean the failing NY times?

When you read his "greatest hits" all together, Trump's election is exasperating, infuriating and surreal all over again. 

"11 Times Donald Trump Looked Like He Was Done For" http://www.npr.org/2016/12/28/506342901/11-times-donald-trump-looked-like-he-was-done-for

Per DT tweet today Streep is an overrated actresss...and he has denied ever mocking that disabled reporter. Apparently he is unaware of the video of him

Mocking the guy. What an asshole.

might I add a thin skinned entitled asshole.  

I am not sure what he thought would happen after he won, but a majority of voters did not want him as their president.  And of those I would garner that they believe he is a terrible human being wholly unqualified for the job and in fact a danger to our country.  Right now, the only recourse is to point out what an asshole he is.  Especially those in the entertainment industry (who by far dislike him greatly).

What he doesn't understand that criticism is part of the job, people are going to look at your every move; you need to deal with it, fair or not.  It is not like he has a billionaire blowhard questioning his citizenship.  People are criticizing him based upon his actions. 

Jesus, it is going to be a long 4 years.  

So very long.  At some point he is going to have to stop being offended by everything that he he hears.  At some point he is going to have to do the actual job, which is run this fucking country's government.

LouieB

So very long.  At some point he is going to have to stop being offended by everything that he he hears.  At some point he is going to have to do the actual job, which is run this fucking country's government.

LouieB

My guess is no, he won't actually do his job.  I don't think he any interest in actually running the country.  His ego is such he just wants to be president, not actually do the shit the job entails.  By all accounts it is a super shitty job.  He will leave the shit stuff to Pence, Prebus, Ryan, etc.  He will sit in the Oval office and play president.  That is all he wants.  And as a bonus his tweets and tantrums will distract from what is really going on (I for one am a sucker for it).  

This is what has been going on in the Federal Government since the new Congress has been sworn in:

1. Trump fires all Ambassadors and Special Envoys, ordering them out by inauguration day. (The strict cutoff at inauguration day, with no extensions allowed, has not been typical of past presidential transitions.)

http://thehill.com/…/312965-report-trump-orders-ambassadors…

2. House brings back the Holman rule allowing them to reduce an individual civil service, SES position, or political appointee's salary to $1, effectively firing them by amendment to any piece of legislation. We now know why they wanted names and positions of people in Energy and State.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/…/4e80c990-d2b2-11e6-945a-76…

3. Senate schedules 6 simultaneous hearings on cabinet nominees and triple-books those hearings with Trump's first press conference in months and an ACA budget vote, effectively preventing any concentrated coverage or protest.

http://www.nytimes.com/…/confirmation-hearings-trump-press-…

4. House GOP expressly forbids the Congressional Budget Office from reporting or tracking ANY costs related to the repeal of the ACA.

http://docs.house.gov/…/201701…/BILLS-115hres5-PIH-FINAL.pdf (pg 25-26)

http://crfb.org/papers/cost-full-repeal-affordable-care-act

5. Trump continues to throw the intelligence community under the bus to protect Putin, despite the growing mountain of evidence that the Russians deliberately interfered in our election.

6. Trump breaks a central campaign promise to make Mexico pay for the wall by asking Congress (in other words, us, the taxpayers) to pay for it.

7. Trump threatens Toyota over a new plant that was never coming to the US nor will take jobs out of the US.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/…/donald-trump-threatens-t…/…

8. House passes the REINS act, giving them veto power over any rules enacted by any federal agency or department--for example, FDA or EPA bans a drug or pesticide, Congress can overrule based on lobbyists and not science. Don't like that endangered species designation? Congress kills it.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/114th-congress/house-bill/427

Yippie!

And his team fired the top people in charge of our nuke arsenal with no names yet named to replace them and the positions require senate confirmation. Hmm.

I think all this is as much the Republicsn leadership attempting to erase the Obama presidency and using Trump as cover, as it is Trumps recklessness.

Here's a detailed rundown of our week in American politics:

1/7/17

The federal week in review:

1. Trump fires all Ambassadors and Special Envoys, ordering them out by inauguration day.

2. House brings back the Holman rule allowing them to reduce an individual civil service, SES positions, or political appointee's salary to $1, effectively firing them by amendment to any piece of legislation. We now know why they wanted names and positions of people in Energy and State.

3. Senate schedules 6 simultaneous hearings on cabinet nominees and triple-books those hearings with Trump's first press conference in months and an ACA budget vote, effectively preventing any concentrated coverage or protest.

4. House GOP expressly forbids the Congressional Budget Office from reporting or tracking ANY costs related to the repeal of the ACA.

5. Trump continues to throw the intelligence community under the bus to protect Putin, despite the growing mountain of evidence that the Russians deliberately interfered in our election.

6. Trump breaks a central campaign promise to make Mexico pay for the wall by asking Congress (in other words, us, the taxpayers) to pay for it.

7. Trump threatens Toyota over a new plant that was never coming to the US nor will take jobs out of the US.

8. House passes the REINS act, giving them veto power over any rules enacted by any federal agency or department--for example, FDA or EPA bans a drug or pesticide, Congress can overrule based on lobbyists not science. Don't like that endangered species designation, Congress kills it.

And those are just the big ones.

Here's a detailed rundown of our week in American politics:

1/7/17

The federal week in review:

1. Trump fires all Ambassadors and Special Envoys, ordering them out by inauguration day.

2. House brings back the Holman rule allowing them to reduce an individual civil service, SES positions, or political appointee's salary to $1, effectively firing them by amendment to any piece of legislation. We now know why they wanted names and positions of people in Energy and State.

8. House passes the REINS act, giving them veto power over any rules enacted by any federal agency or department--for example, FDA or EPA bans a drug or pesticide, Congress can overrule based on lobbyists not science. Don't like that endangered species designation, Congress kills it.

And those are just the big ones.

:barf