• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Usually this type of bombshell gets released at 5:01 pacific time on a Friday afternoon, when everyone is trying to get their weekend going and most people aren't focused on news.   I don't think the threat of NYT publishing these emails caused Jr. to release them now, since they've convinced their base that the NYT is fake news.  This is another example of these clowns not having any idea how the game is played. 

^ Do you think he would have released them voluntarily?  If so, why wait until the threat of publication?

I don't know, but I think there's a disconnect between Sr. and Jr. about whether there was a threat in the first place. Sr. would probably have withheld them and let the NYT print them, then respond by calling it fake news and fake emails.  Then sometime next year when Mueller announces they've been authenticated it would have been ancient history and no opinions would have changed.

I don't know, but I think there's a disconnect between Sr. and Jr. about whether there was a threat in the first place. Sr. would probably have withheld them and let the NYT print them, then respond by calling it fake news and fake emails.  Then sometime next year when Mueller announces they've been authenticated it would have been ancient history and no opinions would have changed.

That's probably right. 

Well it appears the senate health bill is dead and we didn't even need McCain to have a life threatening emergency.

now they are gonna straight up repeal ACA, without a replacement plan.  So we got that going for us.  

now they are gonna straight up repeal ACA, without a replacement plan.  So we got that going for us.  

Any idea how the votes are looking for the repeal?  Are the Rs who refused to support the AHCA willing to throw ACA in the garbage entirely?  Knowing that they have not been able to come up with a replacement anyone likes in the last seven years?

Any idea how the votes are looking for the repeal?  Are the Rs who refused to support the AHCA willing to throw ACA in the garbage entirely?  Knowing that they have not been able to come up with a replacement anyone likes in the last seven years?

Some Rs have already come out to say they won't vote for something that doesn't repeal AND replace. 

What I find extremely amusing in this whole repeal/replace nonsense is the utter failure of the Administration and the GOP.  If there is one thing that the Donald Trump brand was suppose to be and mean was the fact that he was this great deal maker.  With full control of the both houses and the Presidency this should have been easy to do for someone of his grand deal making skills.  

But of course the failure is all of the media's fault.  

When you find out that you share an opinion with Steve Bannon...

Yep, I too think that Paul Ryan is a limp dick motherfucker.

The author of the book discussed in the article was on Fresh Air, today ---- this may be the only time that Bannon and me are on the same page on an opinion, too.

45's family consorting with known Russian money launderers?! Why, the very idea is preposterous!! PREPOSTEROUS!

BAA-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

I must admit, the thought of that family locked up in a Federal prison is delicious.

45's family consorting with known Russian money launderers?! Why, the very idea is preposterous!! PREPOSTEROUS!

BAA-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

I must admit, the thought of that family locked up in a Federal prison is delicious.

There was a delicious meme that I wish I could find...made from that photo of evangelicals touching and praying over Trump recently. The meme made it appear that they were pushing him into a jail cell. Can't happen soon enough for me!

Apparently at the G20 Trump slipped away to have a secret meeting with Putin.  The meeting was just Trump, Putin and Putin's translator.  What could possibly go wrong with this.  

Whatever Putin has on Trump, it is so calamitous that Trump can't even discuss it in the presence of his most trusted cronies. The best thing about secrets is, they almost always come out sooner or later. 

When you find out that you share an opinion with Steve Bannon...

Yep, I too think that Paul Ryan is a limp dick motherfucker.

I also find myself in agreement with Bannon! But saying Paul is a limp-dicked motherfucker is a bit like saying water is wet or gravity exists. Bannon can't co-opt reality just because he acknowledges a bit of it.

Apparently at the G20 Trump slipped away to have a secret meeting with Putin.  The meeting was just Trump, Putin and Putin's translator. 

I'll bet before the end of the day we'll find out there were more Russians than that in the meeting.  And then tomorrow we'll find out there were even more than we found out about today.

Right now it was just the three mentioned talking by themselves for about an hour at the state dinner. Out of earshot of everyone else, but they were in eyesight.

And there is the rub.  It can be spun two ways.  One side it looks like secret meeting on the other it is just a state dinner.  

If there is one thing I have learned in the two years since Trump descended down the escalator is that every single person has underestimated him.  They said he could never win and he did.  Now everyone says he is going to get caught in this Russia thing.  I don't see it happening.  The President has successfully manipulated his followers and the GOP to ignore or brush off any type of criticism or critical look at the administration, that nothing will be done.  It will come a point when we will probably have tapes of Trump straight up telling Putin to hack Clinton in a secret meeting and nothing will come of it.

I saw an interesting poll the other day where 45% of Republicans did not believe that Trump jr. met with the Russians.  The question wasn't about collusion, no it was the fact that Junior sat down and met with the Russians. 45% of Republicans believe that was made up.  A fact that not one person in the administration, including Junior himself denies.  You simply cannot reason with people who flat out ignore facts.  Fuck.  

I saw an interesting poll the other day where 45% of Republicans did not believe that Trump jr. met with the Russians. The question wasn't about collusion, no it was the fact that Junior sat down and met with the Russians. 45% of Republicans believe that was made up. A fact that not one person in the administration, including Junior himself denies. You simply cannot reason with people who flat out ignore facts. Fuck.

To be fair, I bet many of these people don't follow political news and probably didn't know that junior actually admitted to the meeting. It certainly sounds implausible on the surface.

That said, we're still fucked.

To be fair, I bet many of these people don't follow political news and probably didn't know that junior actually admitted to the meeting. It certainly sounds implausible on the surface.

That said, we're still fucked.

With that being said, if I don't know something I am not gonna lie and say I do.  They are just willfully being stupid and letting their lack of knowledge inform their world view.  I would much rather have an informed someone be wrong and think they are right then an uninformed someone be wrong and think they are right.

This is why I think it is a waste of time for the Democratic party try to go over Trump supporters.  There is no changing their minds.  Go after those that did not vote, or voted third party and a slim part of Independents that may listen.  We are not gonna change the minds of those West Virginia coal miners no matter how many facts are presented.       

With that being said, if I don't know something I am not gonna lie and say I do. They are just willfully being stupid and letting their lack of knowledge inform their world view. I would much rather have an informed someone be wrong and think they are right then an uninformed someone be wrong and think they are right.

This is why I think it is a waste of time for the Democratic party try to go over Trump supporters. There is no changing their minds. Go after those that did not vote, or voted third party and a slim part of Independents that may listen. We are not gonna change the minds of those West Virginia coal miners no matter how many facts are presented.

Good point. If Hillary would have engaged another couple percent of eligible voters who just sat out she would have won. This may be reductionist but the next Dem candidate has great odds because they're A. Not a Clinton and B. Probably coming up against an attempted Trump reelection.

On a whole other note:

I was deeply saddened to hear of McCain's brain tumor today. While I have often disagreed with him, I have still found him to be a genuine, earnest and respectable civil servant. It puts everything in context to me when I consider how absurd it was for me to consider him the worst imaginable potential president. Man, I was way off.

McCain is inarguably an American war hero and patriot. The prognosis.certainly doesn't sound great. Hopefully he has successful treatment and he's able to beat the cancer. Yet, it's hard for me to ignore the fact that he has always been a consistent opponent of improving healthcare access and affordability, most recently lining up as a sold "yes" vote for bills that would have caused 22 & 33 million people to lose their health insurance coverage. I would like to believe that this experience will influence and perhaps change his position... but I doubt it.

McCain is inarguably an American war hero and patriot. The prognosis.certainly doesn't sound great. Hopefully he has successful treatment and he's able to beat the cancer. Yet, it's hard for me to ignore the fact that he has always been a consistent opponent of improving healthcare access and affordability, most recently lining up as a sold "yes" vote for bills that would have caused 22 & 33 million people to lose their health insurance coverage. I would like to believe that this experience will influence and perhaps change his position... but I doubt it.

Life sure is good at teaching us humility. I hope McCain will beat his cancer, and maybe come out the other side with a renewed appreciation for our need to support each other through health crises. Basic health care needs to be seen as a human right...we owe that much to each other as a united species. Are we as advanced as we claim? We need to care for every one of us.

I sound like an aging hippie but really, humans need to get their shit together.