Trumps NYT interview is something else. Anyhow.,.

Trump: Mueller better not look at my families finances.

Mueller: Hold my beer.

In other words, please look at my family finances find out all kinds of crazy shit.  Most of my supporters won't believe, I will still be president.  

This is like some sort weird Shia LeBeouf performance thing just to see how much shit he can get away with.  My guess is he can get away with everything.  

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I made s comment last year that he was referring to his supporters as fans. They still are fans and as long as his fans are pleased, he is pleased. And as long as he does whatever congress (the republican pet only) wants him to do, they will turn a blind eye.

I'm with KevinG here. I won't believe Trump's vulnerable to any of this shit (legally or politically) until he's out of office electorally, by impeachment, or resignation. Outside of a few appointments he's made and maybe one or two policy ideas he's discussed everything is just the lowest I have ever seen.

This one won't make headlines, but this guy is one of Iowa's biggest dunces.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/energy-environment/wp/2017/07/19/trump-just-nominated-a-climate-skeptic-to-usdas-top-science-post/?utm_term=.721161cdaf2e

I'm more optimistic than some. I just believe this evil will eventually collapse under its own weight. I also predict that tomorrow (Friday July 21st) is going to be a humdinger. I expect some exciting political moves tomorrow.

Trump is rumored to be exploring issuing pardons for himself and his family.

Upon further reading I found that he can't pardon Himself or named co conspirators. So he can Pardon people involved up until Mueller issues his report. Then he can only pardon those who are not listed as named co-conspirators with himself. Those he pardons can still be compelled to testify and they can't plead the fifth because they've already been pardoned. This leaves them Open to potential perjury charges if they lie.

I was deeply saddened to hear of McCain's brain tumor today. While I have often disagreed with him, I have still found him to be a genuine, earnest and respectable civil servant. It puts everything in context to me when I consider how absurd it was for me to consider him the worst imaginable potential president. Man, I was way off.

My respect for McCain has been waning over the last couple of years.  He used to be the maverick of the Senate, now he just carries water for the Republican Party.  Today, the Senator, a person who is facing a serious medical condition and whose health care is paid for by the people of the United States, voted to take away affordable health care for millions.  And side with a man who has called him a loser.

I certainly do not wish him harm or for him to succumb to something as horrible as cancer, but I will not heap praise on him for his past, when in the present he has done something so damaging to our nation.  He was an American Hero, but he is a hero no more and that is sad.  

I have been somewhat speechless for the last hour or so.

I truly felt sorry to hear about John McCain's cancer diagnosis and thought it extraordinary of him to make his way to Washington to cast his vote today, I am shocked that he voted Yea. *spits* I am even more shocked that this stupidity is going forward. I was on Obamacare for the better part of a year and found it to be awful and completely worthless...money flushed down the drain. But it needs to be fixed, not repealed and replaced with something worse.

Why can't we just take the (outrageous sums of) money we contribute to health insurance either privately or through our employer and pay it to the government instead and just have Medicare for all? Seriously, why wouldn't that work?

For what it's worth, the vote today was just to proceed with debate of the bill.  According to McCain, he's still a "no" vote if the current form of the bill is put up to a final vote:

I voted for the motion to proceed to allow debate to continue and amendments to be offered. I will not vote for the bill as it is today. It’s a shell of a bill right now. We all know that.  I have changes urged by my state’s governor that will have to be included to earn my support for final passage of any bill. I know many of you will have to see the bill changed substantially for you to support it. We’ve tried to do this by coming up with a proposal behind closed doors in consultation with the administration, then springing it on skeptical members, trying to convince them it’s better than nothing, asking us to swallow our doubts and force it past a unified opposition. I don’t think that is going to work in the end. And it probably shouldn’t.

Not holding my breath though... I think something will pass this year and tens of millions of people will lose their health coverage before all is said and done.

For what it's worth, the vote today was just to proceed with debate of the bill.  According to McCain, he's still a "no" vote if the current form of the bill is put up to a final vote:

Not holding my breath though... I think something will pass this year and tens of millions of people will lose their health coverage before all is said and done.

There's no predicting where the circus will land this time around: something severe like the legislation they've already drafted, failure to pass anything as the Senate has failed twice, or some watered-down semi-partisan thing that merely screws over 5 million people instead of 25. My vote is for failure, unless somehow they just decide to talk to Democrats about how to bring down costs for states whose markets have been less kind- fix it instead of repeal it. Oh look at me dreaming.

Sorry but McCan has never been a maverick. That is just the image he sells. He will be very concerned or outraged by this or that but he almost always votes the party line. I think 95+ % of the time he voted with Bush, nearly 100% against obama and over 90% of the time with trump. A maverick in image only.

Sorry but McCan has never been a maverick. That is just the image he sells. He will be very concerned or outraged by this or that but he almost always votes the party line. I think 95+ % of the time he voted with Bush, nearly 100% against obama and over 90% of the time with trump. A maverick in image only.

I agree with this completely. I think most of the respect I have (which motivated me to share) is coming from him being earnest. I think he really believes his agenda will help the citizens of our country. He's wrong, but at least he believes. Unlike a certain NY real estate mogul turned reality TV star turned leader of the free world.

I agree with this completely. I think most of the respect I have (which motivated me to share) is coming from him being earnest. I think he really believes his agenda will help the citizens of our country. He's wrong, but at least he believes. Unlike a certain NY real estate mogul turned reality TV star turned leader of the free world.

Anyone who voted to move this "bill" forward is not earnest and does not believe .  There is no real bill to speak of.  The GOP is going to completely and fundamentally change 1/6th of our economy with only 20 hours of debate.  This is ludicrous.  So these Republicans think Obamacare is a disaster, fine, whatever.  But 20 hours of a debate is not away to change something this important.  They had 7 freaking years to come up with something.  They must of known this day would come, why only 20 hours of debate.  

The only reason McCain voted to move this forward and will ultimately vote for whatever terrible plan that GOP comes out of this farce is out of spite.  He hates Obama, he hates that Obama beat him in 2008.  He hates that he was never President.  He is a bitter spiteful man.       

McCain says he won't vote for the bill in its current form.   We all know that's a meaningless statement.  He'll vote for the final bill, even if it's ten times worse than the worst version of the bill we've seen so far. 

The only thing maverick about this guy was his ushering in of the era of proud, arrogant incompetence with his choice of running mate.  That's a legacy we'll be injured by for generations. 

I think he really believes his agenda will help the citizens of our country. He's wrong, but at least he believes. 

Godwin's law invoked... You can fill in the blanks.

Moving on...

Here's what rankles me about health insurance in our country.

The other day, my wife and I went to an out-of-network service provider. My wife is pregnant, and the service provider does labwork on blood samples to screen for various DNA and chromosome anomalies to give you a rough risk assessment of what health issues our baby might face, like Down syndrome, for example. 

Now, the cost to get this done, if run through our insurance, was estimated to be around $900. But, the crazy thing is, if we opted to just pay for it out of pocket, the cost magically decreased to $450. What the everloving fuck? So, this lab doubles their rate if they bill the insurance company, which is just passed down to the consumers anyway? What the fuck am I paying for health insurance in the first place? I thought the whole concept was that I'm paying a monthly fee so that medical procedures cost LESS. 

In the end, we opted for neither. We figured if our baby has health issues, we'll find out when he or she is born. Why would I spend that kind of cash to find out 6 months in advance? What would that do for me?

Whoever re-writes our current health insurance laws, please take a look at this practice of overbilling insurance companies. 

The only reason McCain voted to move this forward and will ultimately vote for whatever terrible plan that GOP comes out of this farce is out of spite.  He hates Obama, he hates that Obama beat him in 2004.  He hates that he was never President.  He is a bitter spiteful man.       

Not to mention, a possible role for his wife in Trump's State department.

^ I hear all of that, but (oh shit is this the part where I experimenting with defending McCain) but how do you square that with him voting down the senate bill? What he did was call for a bipartisan dialog and a more traditional legislative process. His vote to begin their chaotic procedure in spite of calling it unlikely to succeed could be interpreted as mere politics in the more negative sense of the word.

It could all be show, but I still prefer his show to many of his ilk.

Godwin's law invoked... You can fill in the blanks.

If I interpret this correctly as an incredibly dry way to remind me that Hitler thought he was doing what's best, my hat's off to you for subtlety and wit.

Well I am certainly glad we got the spectre of trans-gendered people serving in the military taken care of.  

Oh and Caitlyn Jenner, fuck you.  

There are 15,000 patriotic transgender Americans in the US military fighting for all of us. What happened to your promise to fight for them?

https://twitter.com/Caitlyn_Jenner/status/890254837257981952

You hitched your wagon to this bigoted, misogynistic asshole and his terrible political party.  You act surprised and outraged when he did something like this?  Give me a break, you new this would happen.  In the mind of the man you supported and voted for president, trans people are seen as second class and not worthy to serve our country.  And the worst part about it is that you knew it too.  You knew this party and the President thought you were not a person that should be afforded the same rights as everyone else.  This is a man and a party that denies who you are.  But you stood up there, you supported him, you said he would be a friend to the LGBT community.  You lied, just to serve yourself, to continue your 15 minutes of fame.  You are sad and desperate woman.  

Shame on you Caitlyn Jenner.