Why would Canada want Americans?  We are a bunch of assholes.

We're a compassionate group of people. I got a futon in my basement that any VCers are welcome to! 

That cover is pathetic.

That's true, I don't recall magazines like Macleans putting Obama on their cover saying "Why can't he be our Prime Minister" in the Harper era. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Obamacare is here to stay, at least for a while, thanks to Sens McCain, Murkowski & Collins. Hopefully this is the end of this repeal nonsense and Congress can get to work on improving the healthcare system we have, instead of intentionally sabotaging it.

I take back the nasty things I said about John McCain the other day. He did the right thing after all.

Me too. Did not see that coming. Maybe next time Mr. President, don't call John McCain a loser.

I take back the nasty things I said about John McCain the other day. He did the right thing after all.

Does one postive vote really negate all his shit the last few years?  I've read a few things saying this cements his legacy, BS, seems like most are shortmined anymore.

Does one postive vote really negate all his shit the last few years? I've read a few things saying this cements his legacy, BS, seems like most are shortmined anymore.

No, but the things I said about him the other day were based solely on his vote earlier this week. I believe he has redeemed himself in this particular instance.

Does one postive vote really negate all his shit the last few years?  I've read a few things saying this cements his legacy, BS, seems like most are shortmined anymore.

Politicians are politicians - commend them when they do something you support and condemn them when they don't.  I would leave any legacy talk of any politician to about 20 years after they are out of office.

So kudos to the three R's that voted 'no' last night.

I'm happy that I was wrong.

I'm also happy that the GOP wasted the last decade+ on this failed effort, rather than pursuing other items on their agenda.

I'm happy that I was wrong.

I'm also happy that the GOP wasted the last decade+ on this failed effort, rather than pursuing other items on their agenda.

but they also made the American public this this shit for the last decade and that is not healthy

I have an idea. How about a bipartisan approach to fixing Obamacare? Hm? Anyone?

That would be a near impossibility. Republicans won't keep anything with Obama's name and Dems won't replace it. We are at an impasse

I have an idea. How about a bipartisan approach to fixing Obamacare? Hm? Anyone?

McConnell's speech last night/this morning after the vote was full of smarmy and snide remarks about the Democrats, saying to the effect of "well now they own this and we'll see what their solution to the problem is."  

I don't for one second believe that he will seriously entertain their ideas for fixing Obamacare, but imagine a world in which that could happen...

What a shit show this week has been for the Administration.

I mean wow, this is a huge dumpsterfire and I just see it getting bigger and bigger.  If the stakes were not so high (meaning out country) this would be a fun TV show to watch.   

The Mooch quotes just underlined how dysfunctional the white house is as a team. Shitty management and the staff keeps canabalizing itself. I am continually surprised by how little criticism there is from people who actually support Trump's agenda. He's blowing it for them.

All to my chagrin.

The Mooch quotes just underlined how dysfunctional the white house is as a team. Shitty management and the staff keeps canabalizing itself. I am continually surprised by how little criticism there is from people who actually support Trump's agenda. He's blowing it for them.

All to my chagrin.

After the election a friend said he wasn't worried cause Trump has the habit of hiring quality and successful people.

Wow was he wrong. Politics aside, Prebus seemed to be the only one who had half a brain in the administration.

Do you think his book will be ready by Christmas? Or do you think Dancing with Stars will do an all fired Trump administration season?