• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

“Throughout his career, Judge Moore has been a tireless champion of religious liberty, standing down those who want nothing less than to rid our nation of its Judeo-Christian foundations,” said Dobson, who has known Moore for more than 15 years.

religious liberty, as long as you agree it's the one he holds to be true.

god help us ---- It's great that Trump's pick lost, but having Moore in the Senate is pretty scary.

I haven't completely fact checked the below but it was taken from a Washington Post article:

Regarding Moore:

Moore has been a birther (though unlike Trump he hasn’t renounced it), suggested President Obama was a Muslim, and said the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks were punishment from God. He has compared a congressman taking the oath of office on a Koran to doing so on Hitler’s “Mein Kampf.” He has also served as a columnist at the conspiracy-theory site World Net Daily. He even said Tuesday that there is Sharia law in the United States right now -- "as I understand it, in Illinois, Indiana." Yes, President Trump has latched on to some of this stuff, but the sum total has no precedent in recent American politics.

one quick search the below link popped up. And this man was elected to the US  Senate. Democracy sure has it's flaws...  (guess Moore rode his horse to his voting station to cast his own ballot - nice touch)

https://qz.com/1088001/roy-moore-likely-to-become-the-next-senator-from-alabama-has-a-history-of-racism/

god help us ---- It's great that Trump's pick lost, but having Moore in the Senate is pretty scary.

Trump is already deleting tweets where he was supporting strange and is acting like he was for Moore all along. In fact during a speech he threw major shade at Strange while Strange was on stage next to him. So he kind of abandoned strange during the race.

I haven't completely fact checked the below but it was taken from a Washington Post article:

Regarding Moore:

one quick search the below link popped up. And this man was elected to the US  Senate. Democracy sure has it's flaws...  (guess Moore rode his horse to his voting station to cast his own ballot - nice touch)

https://qz.com/1088001/roy-moore-likely-to-become-the-next-senator-from-alabama-has-a-history-of-racism/

He hasn't been elected to the senate yet.  Last night was a primary.  So there's still some hope that he could still lose, but this being Alabama, it's almost a sure thing that he'll win. 

He hasn't been elected to the senate yet.  Last night was a primary.  So there's still some hope that he could still lose, but this being Alabama, it's almost a sure thing that he'll win. 

I forgot about that - I thought for the time being he was going to replace the Sessions' seat.

I guess the Democrat has been polling close, recently - but it definitely will be hard take the general. But one never knows. Hopefully the D's and moderate R's/I's come out and actually vote in the general.

I thought it interesting when reports said that Trump and McConnell had backed an "establishment figure" and how an upstart had won. If I'm correct, many Trump supporters still see him as challenging the establishment, when he is the establishment. Sure it's a new regime, but there's a new definition for "business as usual in Washington" and that business is full of cronies, but also dysfunctional.

• 3 weeks later...

"He knew what he signed up for..."

Did Trump really say that?

I always use the Tony Soprano line (yelled during a fight with Carm) "You knew what you was gettin into!" when my wife complains about me wanting to grill (again).

Now Trump says that's fake news and he can prove it.  Knowing full well that he'll never have to prove it because communication between a president and a grieving widow is not something that can or should be made public.  

Meanwhile, the Trump apologists are claiming that it's a compliment to say that line to the family of dead soldiers.

One of the problems for the family is that Donnie Two Scoops didn’t even know the soldiers name. In a way this fact is being supported by Two Scoops. When talking about the call he still does not mention LaDavids name and refers to his spouse as the wife. So, he doesn’t know her name either.

If it’s not about Two Scoops he doesn’t really care. He only pretends to care just enough to turn attention inwards to himself.

He is such a fucking turd. It’s incredibly galling for those of us from the northeast, who have known for 30 years what a turd he is, to see people still defending him. We can’t sink much lower as a country.

True. Anyone from NJ knows how he gutted Atlantic City if that is not a clue how he handles things just from a business side I don’t know what would be.

We live in an era where I am forced to acknowledge that George W Bush might have made the world ripe for Trumpism through his foreign policy disasters and economic blunders, but he's totally right about Trump and I'm glad he said it. Hey neoliberal, thanks for calling out the populist you're right about him and he was right about you!

Trump is the natural step in the process that started with Goldwater and progressed through Nixon Reagan and Bush jr. Bush sr is the outlier here.

If you want a funny/sad non political example of trumps obstinance and inability to admit that he might not always be right, google Trimp and Renoir. It’s just bizarre

Edit: whoops, sorry, I just realized this Renoir topic was already covered. My bad.

He also claims there was a major Civil war battle on one of his golf courses in VA. Unfortunately, there isn't any documentation to back it up....just his addled mind.

someone told him it was a Renoir.

And someone (Art Institute of Chicago spokesperson Amanda Hicks) told him it wasn't. .If it's been hanging in the same spot since 1933, there's a good chance Amanda may be on to something here.

But, even if it’s not a real Renoir his is better than the original. Only the best for him.

Even better than the real thing...

My trumpite college pal has gone completely radio-silent. I imagine him gently weeping in frustration while chewing on a pillow. Sad!

My trumpite college pal has gone completely radio-silent. I imagine him gently weeping in frustration while chewing on a pillow. Sad!

The parable of the scorpion and the frog comes to mind anytime I hear about Trump supporters