My friend wrote an op-ed for the New YorK Times - clearly depicting the difference between Bush and Trump's policy on immigration. Trump's stance is not based on protection/defense - but hate/fear. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/25/opinion/prosecution-terrorists-bush-iran.html?rref=collection%2Fsectioncollection%2Fopinion&action=click&contentCollection=opinion&region=stream&module=stream_unit&version=latest&contentPlacement=2&pgtype=sectionfront

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"YOUR GUY/GAL COLLUDES WITH THE RUSSIANS MORE THAN MY GUY/GAL!!!"

It is one thing to pay for opposition research against a candidate and it is another to meet with Russian governmental officials and ask them to actively take a role in taking down a candidate.  You would think these are on par as the same thing, but they are not.   

My friend wrote an op-ed for the New YorK Times - clearly depicting the difference between Bush and Trump's policy on immigration. Trump's stance is not based on protection/defense - but hate/fear. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/25/opinion/prosecution-terrorists-bush-iran.html?rref=collection%2Fsectioncollection%2Fopinion&action=click&contentCollection=opinion&region=stream&module=stream_unit&version=latest&contentPlacement=2&pgtype=sectionfront

Your friend has written a powerful piece that speaks directly to the heart of being human. If our own behaviors and actions are not what defines us, if instead it is something as arbitrary as where we chanced to be born, then what is even the point of trying to live a good and useful life? If we are branded upon being born, how do we ever prove our worth?

Your friend's family has done everything right. My heart breaks for them that they are experiencing such unwarranted hatred. I am committed all over again to doing whatever I can to remove Trump and his foul, coldhearted government.

It is one thing to pay for opposition research against a candidate and it is another to meet with Russian governmental officials and ask them to actively take a role in taking down a candidate.  You would think these are on par as the same thing, but they are not.   

Agree.  That's just what I hear when I tune the radio dial.

Nothing shady on the contract to rebuild Puerto Rico’s electric grid. A 2 person company from a small town with no experience doing this sort of thing. So openand honest is the contract that it contains s clause forbidding an audit of the books related to the contract. No need to audit because this is a high skill company who will work effectively and efficiently. Not swampy at all.

First charges from the mueller investigation were filed on Friday. Indictment(s) are sealed so we do know who was charged or with what.

Edit: this explains the emphasis on Hillary this week. They knew what was up and needed a diversion.

Yeah, CNN got pretty psyched about getting the scoop on that one. It is either something huge, something tiny, or something in between which is importantly leading to something huge.

Speculation is leaning heavily reorder multiple indictments with Page, Flynn and Manafort at the top of the list. Later speculation is that Kushner might be indicted too. His name popped up when the trumpers distanced themselves today from some work Kushner did with Cambridge analytics kind of tossing him under the bus.

Manafort and Gates are the first two indictments.

I think this is much worse than watergate. Then Nixon was pRanoid and using the power of the government to hide political opponents. Now trump has used or been used by actual enemies of the US to get elected and essentially sell Russia the US policy position they want. Why though? Revenge because obama embarrased him? Or to be in

Position to enrich himself family and friends? Or ego? Some or all of the above?

Apparently Papadapoulous plead guilty earlier this month and has been cooperating with the FBI. He, in spite of his lack of experience, is a key player in this whole mess. The guilty plea documents are really eye opening.

Also trump is pushing the notion that Manafort is indicted for crimes that happened years ago. Sorry, the indictment is clear the the activity In question is through 2016..,though right now 2016 does seem like years ago. Manafort should pay attention to trumps words. Trump will distance himself and push manafort under the bus. This could cause him to flip.

Sorry if I am easily confused. 

So Hilary selling uranium to Russia, our sworn enemy, is bad. 

The other guy's campaign working closely with Russia, a country we should be closer to and work with, is okay. 

How can Russia be both our enemy when they work with Hilary and not that bad when they leak stuff the DNC emails? 

Guess its always a case of when my team does it we are clever, when they do it it is cheating. 

note: I don't think Hilary sold uranium, or think the other guy, himself, is smart enough to have colluded. 

note: I don't think Hilary sold uranium, or think the other guy, himself, is smart enough to have colluded. 

In this game you don't have to be smart enough to mastermind collusion. Just willing to let your team do it when they put it in front of you as a winning strategy.

note: I don't think Hilary sold uranium...

She didn't. It is not a thought that is worth having, nothing more than a distraction. If any single person looks at critically that whole urainium story falls apart quickly.

She didn't. It is not a thought that is worth having, nothing more than a distraction. If any single person looks at critically that whole urainium story falls apart quickly.

Ain't that the truth.  But it needs to be stated (because you rarely hear this in media) that the Russians bought controlling stake in Uranium One because they wanted the uranium mines in Kazakhstan (where the highest quality, weapons grade uranium on Earth is located).  The handful of mines that in the US that were owned by U1 were comparatively useless (lower quality, only useful for power plants).