Were the people who said that in a coma during the bushCo years?

I would take GWB over Trump in a heartbeat.  See as misguided and dumb I thought GWB's policies were, I never doubted that he had the best interests of our country in mind.  I disagreed with him on almost everything, but I never doubted for a second he wanted what was best for America (Cheney is another story).  But Trump, there is not a person who can honestly say he has the country's best interest in his mind.  Though out his life, he as looked out for one person and one person only, himself.  He has proven this throughout the campaign, he has proven it since becoming elected.  Mark my words, if he gets through 8 years of being president he will come out one of the richest men in the world.  A con man through and through.   

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On a lighter note, The B Street Band, America’s No. 1 Springsteen tribute band, have agreed to play Trump inaugural ball:

https://twitter.com/coslive/status/819270289133633536

Hahahahaha!!! Hilarious. That says volumes to thinking people. A cover band is playing a Presidential Inaugural Ball. Fake qualifications for office, fake news putting him in office and a fake band celebrating his election to office.

One, he wont be re-elected. Two, I believe prospects are good for impeachment or him resigning. Three, he's a fat old man who appears unhealthy and eats McDonalds regularly.

One, he wont be re-elected. Two, I believe prospects are good for impeachment or him resigning. Three, he's a fat old man who appears unhealthy and eats McDonalds regularly.

By far, the most likely thing that will remove Trump from office is his own resignation.  Frankly, I've been predicting this since he won the nomination. But if that doesn't end up happening, who is going to impeach him?  And who is going to defeat him in 2020?

By far, the most likely thing that will remove Trump from office is his own resignation.  Frankly, I've been predicting this since he won the nomination. But if that doesn't end up happening, who is going to impeach him?  And who is going to defeat him in 2020?

Regardless of the policies of Trump you will see Dem gains in the house and Senate in 2018 (just the way it goes).  If his polices are are dire as the seem to be you will see a sweeping change in 2018.  So if the Dems some how take control look to impeachment hearing to begin in 2019.  There is no way in hell a GOP controlled congress would ever bring impeachment proceedings against Trump, so we are stuck with Trump until at least 2019.  Barring an actual video of Trump getting pissed on by Putin, while he shouted state secrets, the GOP is not going to do anything.  But of course this is the same group of people who would have tried to impeach Clinton over emails or Benghazi, or something.    

What is really interesting is what is going to happen with the Gerrymandering case that is headed to the Supreme Court.  That could swing the House in big ways, but even if gerrymandering is ruled illegal the new districts won't be redrawn until 2020.  

Who will defeat him in 2020?  Give it time. We need someone left moderate, younger, and currently unknown.  Trump will certainly be a one term president.  

LouieB

The wait and see approach is going to fail.  

The wait and see approach is going to fail.  

What does that mean?  I'm not suggesting waiting, I am suggesting some new approaches (and people) need to be added to the mix. I'm tired of the "if only Bernie had been elected" line.  It's time for new blood; no more of these same old faces.

LouieB

What does that mean?  I'm not suggesting waiting, I am suggesting some new approaches (and people) need to be added to the mix. I'm tired of the "if only Bernie had been elected" line.  It's time for new blood; no more of these same old faces.

LouieB

Like Donald Trump...? 

LouieB

It means pinning our hopes on a new person coming out of the woodwork probably a losing strategy.

a New person coming out of the woodwork was our president for the last 8 years.

Not really. Obama had been in congress and in the state house, and was the star of the 2004 D convention before he ran for president.  I wouldn't call that an "unknown."  That's more like "rising star."  

We are a gathering of pedants, are we not?