I like how spicer denied that trump brought fans to cheer his CIA speech and ended up arguing about the number of supporters brought in. Sean, if you're going to lie, you got to stick with the lie, otherwise you completely lose your credibility.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like how spicer denied that trump brought fans to cheer his CIA speech and ended up arguing about the number of supporters brought in. Sean, if you're going to lie, you got to stick with the lie, otherwise you completely lose your credibility.

I have found that one thing you do as a really good lair is to get caught in small little lies and be obvious about it.  This way people will look at you and say, oh he is not a very good lair.  Also this gets people talking about the small bad lies rather then the well crafted big lies.  Plus it gets attention focused on the lies rather then what is really going on.   It is a skill that true masters of deception have.

So let's look at what we didn't talk about this weekend:

• Devos confirmation vote postponed for further ethics review
  • Trump signs executive orders (ACA changes, Fed Gov't hiring freeze, withdrawing from TPP, reinstating the Mexico City Policy banning funds for international abortions)
  • 3 more cabinet appointees confirmed

Also I do think that Trump/Spicer did hoped his tirade against the media Saturday would take focus off of the Women's march, but I believe they, like everyone else, underestimated the numbers of people involved.  

What's going on with the blatant, obvious lies out of the White House is no accident.  They're picking this fight with the media so that everything is up for debate now.  Steve Bannon is a master manipulator and these actions have his fingerprints all over it.

Also don't forget what is happening in congress. They are pushing a hard right agenda as if they recieved 100% of the vote.

Trump and the R's made a lot of noise about helping vets while his hiring freeze affects them disproportionately. That should be highlighted.

What's going on with the blatant, obvious lies out of the White House is no accident.  They're picking this fight with the media so that everything is up for debate now.  Steve Bannon is a master manipulator and these actions have his fingerprints all over it.

I can't wait to read another article on who is lying about the inauguration attendance totals. WHO GIVES A SHIT?

Keystone and Dakota Pipeline approved is the latest..this will get ugly real fast the new item they signed in North Dakota was if a protest is run over and killed on a roadway the driver may not be responsible..I think we can all see how this will end!

stay woke:

Here's one of the simplest yet potentially most effective ways you can take action today. I did it earlier this morning in under a minute, and it simply involves sending one e-mail to three addresses:

If you want to support Senator Warren's request to audit President Trump's finances for conflicts of interest, the Government Accountability Office says that the most effective way to be sure your support counts is to email two administrators, Katherine Siggerud and Timothy Minelli -- and a third email address through which they're tracking people who are urging support for the audit.

You can send ONE email addressed to:
siggerudk@gao.gov, minellit@gao.gov, congrel@gao.gov
Subject line: Audit for President Trump's financial concerns

Dear Ms. Siggerud and Mr. Minelli,
I’m writing in support of Senator Elizabeth Warren's request for an audit of President Trump's finances, to prohibit conflicts of interest that would prevent him from carrying out the responsibilities of the office without corrupt influence.
Sincerely,
(Your name, city & state)

Having said what I said - now with the 5 million illegal voters thing... Man, this is just how it's going to be now, I guess? Trump will just throw out a lie or whatever he wants to on Twitter, not substantiate it, and then Spicer and Conway will further try to cram it down our throats, and condemn anyone who disagrees with their alternate facts. 

Gaslighting indeed.

Having said what I said - now with the 5 million illegal voters thing... Man, this is just how it's going to be now, I guess? Trump will just throw out a lie or whatever he wants to on Twitter, not substantiate it, and then Spicer and Conway will further try to cram it down our throats, and condemn anyone who disagrees with their alternate facts. 

Gaslighting indeed.

Exactly. If we scatter the idea of truth on unimportant things then we've set a precedent when we talk about important things.

it's like, Oh! So you have a credible source that says there were up to 5 million illegal votes?? Holy Shit! Certainly you're going to investigate to make sure something like this can't happen again right? No? hm... Not a big deal to you then? Or, you just made that up and now that your parents are looking into your lie, you're just moving past it so you can still have your friends over for a Nintendo sleepover?

So, what awful decision did he make today that this 5 million illegal votes thing is supposed to distract us from?

I am not going to be able to take four years of this.

Probably this  No Taxpayer Funding for Abortion and Abortion Insurance Full Disclosure Act , which would deny abortion coverage for women on medicaid, military service women, federal employees, etc.  This just after 4 million women around the world marched for among other things abortion rights.  So I guess we need a march of 5, 10, 15 million?  Jesus.

Or it could be the decision to stop the National Parks from using social media (the irony abounds).  Props to the Badlands National park for not giving a fuck.  http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/badlands-climate-tweets_us_5887bb40e4b0441a8f717323?ncid=inblnkushpmg00000009

I am quickly losing the ability to pay attention to this shit. I have called and emailed federal and state lawmakers more in the past 2 weeks than the last 20 years before. I used to be a moderate Republican, but there is no such thing anymore. Supporting Republicans gets you an incredibly radical agenda, Trump or not. 

Iowa is on the verge of outlawing Medicaid for family planning services excluding abortion. 

Yeah, it's been a rush of bullshit. We no longer take refugees from muslim countries. Other ones are okay though.

He posted something vague about getting to work on a wall today. I live in an underground bunker and have received several pigeons with notes about the collapse of our society.

along with all the other bs I think the American Auto industry is going to collapse under Trump. He said he would impose a 35% tariff for autos incoming over the border..what do you think would happen if we impose a 35% tariff?? A retaliatory tariff ding ding ding! Now that $30,000 car is over $40k...

along with all the other bs I think the American Auto industry is going to collapse under Trump. He said he would impose a 35% tariff for autos incoming over the border..what do you think would happen if we impose a 35% tariff?? A retaliatory tariff ding ding ding! Now that $30,000 car is over $40k...

Exactly- trade war!

So, now he's vowing to open an investigation about the 5 million fraudulent voting? Nice - how would you like to be the person assigned to that one?

I used to get shit assignments when I was younger - ones that I knew were a complete waste of time, and would eventually get cancelled or filed into the circular file. It sucks.