If You Could Say One Thing

....to Donald Trump, in a friendly, civil, private meeting between just you two (Pretend you're Obama or something if it's hard to imagine not just swearing at him at the top of your lungs)....

What do you wish you could say to him?

I'll start.... in my head I see myself taking this twisted man by the shoulders in appeal, and explaining,

"Donald, having enemies doesn't make you powerful, it just means you're an asshole."

Why has no one explained this to him in 70 years of life?!!

What genuine, serious thing would you want to say to him, if somehow circumstances allowed you to?

Interesting topic, Donna. 

I don't believe there is anything anyone could say to him that would make any difference. He is who he is. He is a billionaire douche bag with, except for using them, complete disdain for "the little people", but since he epitomizes the protagonists that Jason Isbell described in "Never Gonna Change", pissed off, peripheral route to persuasion, working people love him. He's never lived a life where people get their knees ripped with black-eyed pea shot, but "...there ain't much difference in the man I wanna be and the man I really am. We ain't never gonna change.", is Donald Trump for reals. That truth is what got him elected.

Therefore, to answer the question, I'd just tell Trump what I think of him, not cussing him out, but in ways that might have a chance of cutting to the bone and enraging him so he'd attack me physically. He might not commit a high crime if he did, but it'd at least be a misdemeanor. Voila, impeachment and guilty.

I would say "Donald, I so much want to believe that deep down inside you are a decent human being. Please don't let your country down."

Unfortunately, he believes that he is a decent human being.