Who's Marching, and Where?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chicago - will be taking our two kids, too.

Due to the amount of people that they are now expecting - the march route has considerably shorten. Some are complaining about the shorten route, which seems strange to me. There is still going to be a rally and a march.

What are the marches for?

Oh, this must the type of marches a lady writing for CNN doesn't like:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/17/opinions/prolife-and-feminist-under-trump-bachiochi-opinion/index.html

Yeah, so that was incredibly stupid op-ed.  No one is being excluded.  They are not going to bar any pro-lifers from the event.  They are just not allowing an organization be listed as a partner of the march, because their stated goals run contrary to the goals of the main event organizers.  It would be like the Cubs World Series Parade being partnered with the St. Louis Cardinals.   

But anyway, my wife and 8 year old daughter are marching in Madison WI.  I cannot go, because I have to work.  Super excited for them.   

There's already idiotic, violent, and criminal vandalism/destruction taking place in D.C. Definitely counter-productive and not the way to protest, imo.

Yep. World's full of idiots.

My wife's working this weekend, but I'll be marching in Hartford, CT with my daughters.

What a great experience for the young ones...democracy in action, and they get to see their parents as involved citizens!

Hey everyone, march safe and strong and passionate, and remember to "go high". Like one of my march signs says, "We'll go high but we won't go away". I think we have to be in this for the long haul. 

Have a good day tomorrow. Take care of each other. :thumbup

Dropped my wife off at the station this morning so she could go to the Chicago march. They were planning for 50,000. 250,000+ showed up.

Yeah. Cops expected 30,000 here. Latest estimate was 200,000. Today was a big day for feminism. I've seen pictures of rallys in Barcelona and London as well as Los Angeles.

Dropped my wife off at the station this morning so she could go to the Chicago march. They were planning for 50,000. 250,000+ showed up.

We were there - got down there around 9am --- kid's got restless and we caught the 1:30 train back home. Great, friendly crowd.

It was rather amazing that the march was actually called off during the rally, due to the amount of people. There were so many people - we filled the entire intended route, so we had no where to march to - which was rather amazing.

Props to the city to reroute the parade mid-stream and marched we did. Chicago PD definitely has their issues -- but they know how to throw down a protest/rally/march as peacefully as possible. They definitely were observers today - allowing our right to protest. Of course, they know how to throw the hammer down when needed.

Hopefully the day remains peaceful down there throughout the rest of the day and night.