Hi All,

I'm thinking of making a return to listening to vinyl (of course I sold all my records about 10 years ago).  Not looking at getting an expensive set up.  Anybody have any recommendations on turntables with built in speakers?

A turntable with built in speakers is going to have poor sound quality and will quickly wear your records out because of a low quality stylus. Records are expensive these days, so unless you're only going to be listening to beat up old records, I would steer clear of all-in-one record players.

If you already have a stereo system, you might consider getting a bluetooth turntable, which will allow you to listen through your existing speakers.

A turntable with built in speakers is going to have poor sound quality and will quickly wear your records out because of a low quality stylus. Records are expensive these days, so unless you're only going to be listening to beat up old records, I would steer clear of all-in-one record players.

If you already have a stereo system, you might consider getting a bluetooth turntable, which will allow you to listen through your existing speakers.

Thanks jff. I have a nice blue tooth Bose system.  I can get a turntable to synch with it?  Sorry, I'm not very audio inclined...

Thanks jff. I have a nice blue tooth Bose system.  I can get a turntable to synch with it?  Sorry, I'm not very audio inclined...

I believe so.  A friend recently got a Bluetooth turntable and she runs it through her stereo, but I think it should work fine with your Bose system.   She got it through Turntable Lab.  This is the one she got.  Not the world's greatest table, but fine for listening and better than Crosleys or other all-in-ones.:

https://www.turntablelab.com/collections/bluetooth-compatible-audio-components-alpha/products/audio-technica-at-lp60bk-bt-bluetooth-turntable-black

Getting back into vinyl is a pricey proposition, with most LPs being in the 20-30 range.  Always consider buying used LPs if you can, but I concur, don't get too cheap a turntable, but you also don't need a top end one either.  And one other note of caution - despite being expensive, some new LPs honestly don't sound that great because of the demand for vinyl and lots of corner cutting by the pressers.  I bought a couple LPs these last couple months brand new that had significant sound/noise issues straight out of the cover.  You can try cleaning even new vinyl but that may not do the trick. At least with older LPs you buy used, you can expect a slight amount of surface noise.  But there is nothing worse than spending 25 bucks for something that sounds worse than an LP that cost 5 bucks used.

LouieB