• Replies 964
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That dome is so big, I was wondering how it looked for the show and found some pics. Definitely had a decent crowd. I am guessing those who had seats in the actual stands, wandered down to the floor.

http://jranderson.photoshelter.com/gallery-image/Grateful-Dead-1984-10-20-Carrier-Dome-Syracuse-University-NY/G00005Q8GIDt6NMk/I0000L0.JqwgWOGE

"Beneath all the madness, a bundle of joy. The Grateful Dead."

I love those Bill Graham intros.

Got my Felt Forum Dave's Pick yesterday. Listened to a few tracks on the bonus disc. Sounds good. Another excellent era of GD music.

Mine came yesterday. I should've blasted it after work, instead I wasted valuable time watching the Cubs look like a collection of rank amateurs. LOL

Mine came yesterday. I should've blasted it after work, instead I wasted valuable time watching the Cubs look like a collection of rank amateurs. LOL

Watching baseball with the TV volume down and music playing on stereo is my norm and one of my favorite activities.

White Sox are on regular TV today, too - my plan tonight is to get the kid's in bed by 8pm and listen to the Pick while watching the Sox regroup against the Royals.

Watching baseball with the TV volume down and music playing on stereo is my norm and one of my favorite activities.

White Sox are on regular TV today, too - my plan tonight is to get the kid's in bed by 8pm and listen to the Pick while watching the Sox regroup against the Royals.

I was able to watch the Red Sox (i used to get the MLB Extra Innings  package but haven't in about 6-8 yrs) every day/night since last Wed, including the Os/BOS game last night. It was great.The only time I turned the volume down was Joe Buck covering the Sunday night game, but yeah, tunes on with volume off on a ball game is sweet.

Slightly off-topic, but thought I'd toss this out to those who are into the psychedelic Art Rock poster stuff. Dave Hunter passed away Sunday. from brain cancer (diagnosed last Fall). The short film was directed by Jay Blakesberg and touches on Dav'e influences and his being the resident artist for Moonalice posted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Q3KXcRog2g

Especially when the music is replacing Hawk Harrelson.

'He gone.'

I can't break bad on Hawk - I do enjoy his indignation. Won't be too sad when he finally retires, but I can tolerate him.

No Picks in the mailbox today, at least the Sox are up 4-0 in the sixth.

^^Dang, have been waiting for my shipping notice. I had to order directly from the rhino store. Had a minor stroke the other day when I was looking for my receipt from dead.net, but couldn't find it. Thought I botched the order...

Just got the latest DP, and now I have a notice this is on the way: May 1977: Get Shown The Light 

I'm going to need to shutter in for a while.

I'm looking forward to it. Hey, it rains every day now so it's not like I can go mow my yard or anything. :stunned

with all due respect to those that love june of 1976....I find it relatively boring...

"Relatively" speaking...possibly! But there's plenty of tasty nuggets from that first month. And the setlists get pretty interesting the farther we get into the year.

with all due respect to those that love june of 1976....I find it relatively boring...

I agree. Although, I went to both Beacon shows and it was incredibly exciting and fun to have the band back. At the time we all thought they were great shows, but in retrospect a little too on the mellow side. Certainly not what they were to become by spring '77.

Dave's #22 is fantastic. I've listened to both shows now. 

I have to say - for someone who's not the biggest fan of "One More Saturday Night", the 12/7/71 version really rips.

Got my notice for the May '77 box - to be delivered by end of day tomorrow. Fantastic. 

Yeah, I really enjoyed 12/7/71 last night. Nice brisk show - definitely some flubs but it's seems like they were having a blast on stage - at least that's is the way it came across through speakers. Keith did seemed to be buried in the mix, though. Hopefully, I will get to 12/6 tonight.

I should be getting the May set tomorrow, too --- also, I should be getting Betty's Chris Robinson Brotherhood cd tomorrow. Lots of  new music to listen to this month.

We are having a Cornell/Ithaca release party at Laurie's Planet of Sound tonight at 6 PM (May 5) with give a ways and listening to the show. Stop by.  4639 N Lincoln Ave in Chicago.

LouieB

I saw that on the GD page - wish I could make it up there for it. If you are working or hanging there tonight - I'd be curious to know how the turn out was. thx.

We are having a Cornell/Ithaca release party at Laurie's Planet of Sound tonight at 6 PM (May 5) with give a ways and listening to the show. Stop by.  4639 N Lincoln Ave in Chicago.

LouieB