What hobbies do you have?

Anything else that you enjoy doing?

My main interest are

1)Concerts/Music

2) Traveling- Have a goal to visit 100 different countries...at 50 now! Also visited all 50 states..and 6 different continents. I spend a lot of time reading travel blogs and travel sites.

3) International cuisine- I love trying different cultures foods. I seek it out in travel and around home. I will try almost anything once.

Side interest

1) Autograph collect-However this was more something I did when I was younger

2) Postcards-Buy them on my travels even though I haven't sent one out in decades!

3) Musical instruments-I have the most random collection of instruments I cant play. I just like to mess around on things for a while.

My main interest is cinema, specifically the history of global film. I also spend a ridiculous amount of time watching baseball and playing softball. I suppose I should include the endless hours I put into local political issues.

Writing songs/playing guitar/recording my own music

Cooking

Exploring various cuisines (when time and money allows)

Visiting all 50 states.  I'm up to 42.  I've never really thought of it as a hobby, but I suppose that's exactly what it is.  Next stop Michigan in June!

Playing drums and guitar. For the last few years, I've favored guitar, but I've been in a drum phase lately, and as a result my guitar playing has gone down the tubes.

I recently realized I prefer pencils to pens when I'm at work, and now I have the beginnings of a pretty good pencil collection.  That ties in with my interest in travel, and also my wife's obsession with hotel pens (she has one from Peru from over a decade ago that still works!).  Pretty boring hobby, but at least it reminds me of all the great stuff I've been fortunate to do in my life while I'm sitting at my desk at work.

Most of my hobbies are cooking/baking related.  Lately i've been on an ice cream kick, which is a lot of fun and rewarding but terrible for the waistline/arteries.  I have also dabbled in making unique sodas, with mixed ;) results.  I used to brew beer but got out of that when I decided to stop drinking.

My wife and I have also gotten involved in some local political causes, and I think that's something we'll continue with.  

Music, movies, Yankees baseball/Jets football, cooking/food (love to try international things as well), flower photography (mostly of someone else's flowers as I do not have the world's greenest thumb - although I try!), cats and cat shows...

I'm an amalgam of a lot of the previous posters:

Play guitar and a few other instruments/Write and record music

Really love traveling to new places (recent trips: Iceland and Texas for work)

I enjoy photography

Collecting Musical Instruments (guitars, sitar, pedal steel, mandolin, bouzouki, kalimba...)

Films (I sometimes go through phases genre-wise, but overall my tastes run fairly eclectic)

Listening to and Collecting Music (Records, CDs, FLACs)

Interesting thread.

Listening to and collecting music including playing a little guitar.

Reading

I enjoy shooting guns and bows, though I'm not a gun fanatic.

Traveling to natural wonders and historical sites

Riding bikes...road and mountain biking. We have some really nice trails where I live.

Scuba diving

Fine dining

Hiking and camping...wilderness not camp grounds.

I still play basketball some (I'm 56.5)

This got me thinking about a number of hobbies I once had, but do not anymore because of parenthood, change of interests, aging, etc.

For me, that'd be BMX riding, skateboarding, deadheading, collecting baseball cards, throwing Chinese stars at trees, building tree forts, tinkering with my dad's woodworking tools, tennis, swimming.  I don't really do any of that stuff anymore, though some of it would probably still be fun.

i used to mountain bike a ton, both XC and DH... some of the best riding i've ever done was out in the Les Gets/Morzine area in the Alps. but kids kinda put a halt to that, and i never was able to get my boys into riding (well, my oldest is into road riding a little bit). now my outdoor exercise is mainly skiing. gotta log more miles on the bike this summer.

photography, but that's no surprise. 

i like to cook, but basically all i do is look for interesting recipes. i'm no savant who can whip up a tasty meal by looking in the cupboard/fridge and finding some crackers, a wilted piece of celery, an egg and some saffron.

edit - i picked up my new skis this morning...

SVhAqKR.jpg

^^ Amazing. Does that make you a Ski-dian?

My hobbies are mostly from pre-kids days. I used to disc golf every Saturday. Used to fiddle around on the fiddle. Nowadays I fart around in the yard yanking weeds, smoking pork shoulders and ribs when the weather's nice, and staying up late on weekends playing on my PS4. I practice piano when I can. I'm missing an F# though. Need to get that fixed. Once the kids are a little bit older, and I can practice regularly (right now, the night time routine when I get home is: eat dinner, clean-up, bath time for boys, put the boys to bed, then spend the rest of the night watching a little TV and reading before bedtime. No time for piano.) I would like to tackle Debussy's Clair de Lune. 

I really enjoy cooking, which is mostly limited to the weekend shift. 

Recorded & live music (obviously), baseball (I want to take in a ballgame at every major league ballpark), reading, traveling, Southern history/culture/foodways, national parks/outdoors, history, civil war battlefields, photography (though my camera is prehistoric and I haven't made much time for it in recent years) and sleeping.

collecting vintage mechanical pencils

What qualifies as vintage in the mechanical pencil market?  I have a Spongebob Squarepants mechanical pencil, and a Cross pencil I got as a high school graduation gift in 1991.  Do either of those count?

I collect Star Wars stuff. Lots of action figures and stuff like that. 

I also collect nice hardbound editions of comic book runs. Mostly Marvel and Image titles, a few DC here and there. 

Been playing guitar since I was 11 (I have 3. A jazz master, a tweedy Martin, and an Epiphone SG)

What qualifies as vintage in the mechanical pencil market?  I have a Spongebob Squarepants mechanical pencil, and a Cross pencil I got as a high school graduation gift in 1991.  Do either of those count?

I'll go for anything interesting (souvenir or cool advertising, calendar pencils, floaty pencils) usually mid-1960s or earlier. I went a little nuts with it a couple of years ago so I probably have 600+ pencils; at some point I need to thin the herd a bit.

I collect (and listen to) records. I play a fair amount of video games, it's the ultimate combination of music, art, storytelling, music, and exploration.... also maybe the only combination of all those things.

I also watch a lot of Netflix, is that a hobby? I guess not.

My main hobby though is trying to make my wife laugh, one day I will be successful.