Cubs win the NCL Central!  That and Twins get the second wild card spot in the the AL.  

Now it is to see if the Rockies can outlast the Brewers (or maybe Cards).  

Red Sox clinch AL east.....(hoping for a NYY loss and Sox win)

Rockies would have to have a massive fail to not be playing D-Backs next Wed.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah October baseball.  Really the best month in all of sports.  Can the resurgent Cubs win it all again, or will a dark horse come riding up and shock us all?  

Here are my dime store predictions:

AL Wildcard

Yankees over Twins

NL Wildcard

D-Backs over Rockies

ALDS

Boston over Houston in 5

Cleveland over Yankees in 4

NLDS

Dodgers over D-Backs in 4

Cubs over Nationals in 5

ALCS

Cleveland over Boston in 6

NLCS

Cubs over Dodgers in 6

World Series

Cubs over Cleveland (can you say rematch?) in 7

I say if you do bet this with your local bookie (as you should) just remember to kick a little love back to KG.  

Ah October baseball.  Really the best month in all of sports.  Can the resurgent Cubs win it all again, or will a dark horse come riding up and shock us all?  

Here are my dime store predictions:

AL Wildcard

Yankees over Twins

NL Wildcard

D-Backs over Rockies

ALDS

Boston over Houston in 5

Cleveland over Yankees in 4

NLDS

Dodgers over D-Backs in 4

Cubs over Nationals in 5

ALCS

Cleveland over Boston in 6

NLCS

Cubs over Dodgers in 6

World Series

Cubs over Cleveland (can you say rematch?) in 7

I say if you do bet this with your local bookie (as you should) just remember to kick a little love back to KG.  

While I certainly LOVE the way you're thinking here I just don't see it happening. Cleveland over LA in 6.

While I certainly LOVE the way you're thinking here I just don't see it happening. Cleveland over LA in 6.

The beauty of the post season is that anything can happen, though, right? The Red Sox were the Wild Card team in '04 winning that first in a million years WS title. Marlins did it twice, St. Louis, Giants, etc.

Maybe not likely, but certainly not that unlikely, either. And the Cubs aren't even a WC....

ed. I'm not rooting for the Cubs, just saying....

Cleveland over Washington.  Really?  Anyone but the Cubs. I can't go through all that "stuff" again. 

Well, there sure would be a lot of hoopla in CLE (longest current WS win drought in MLB) or Washington (never won/been to a WS)

That was the wildest of Wild Card games! Hats off to CO - they showed a lot of spunk. Never hung their heads, just kept grindin'. And they almost pulled it off.

I DO think the DBacks could give LA fits - apparently they won the season series 11-8. Against a team that won 103 games. 

That Avett-brother-wanna-be hipster relief pitcher pretty much screwed up the Rockies' post season!!

First extra base hit in the dude's career. And it's a triple!  :blink  AZ hit FOUR triples in one game.  :blink

Stinks that today's Boston/Houston game is on MLB.com.

I sprung for SLING TV so I can watch most of the games, but the FREE 2018 Spring Training games is not enticing enough to purchase the MLB playoff TV package, too.

Would love to watch the Sale/Verlander match up though. The kid's may be sitting in a pub doing their homework and eating ice cream for a while today after school.

Stinks that today's Boston/Houston game is on MLB.com.

I sprung for SLING TV so I can watch most of the games, but the FREE 2018 Spring Training games is not enticing enough to purchase the MLB playoff TV package, too.

Would love to watch the Sale/Verlander match up though. The kid's may be sitting in a pub doing their homework and eating ice cream for a while today after school.

Yeah! Plus, it starts at 2:08 or whatever!

MLB Network is offering a free preview to most cable providers AND DISH & DirectTV through Oct 11. The rest of that series and the other ALDS will be on Fox Sports 1.

Correction: Game 1 of NYY & Cle will be on MLB Network as well.

Watched the first 3 innings - the rest via the radio - always liked Sutcliffe in the booth - Berman isn't too annoying today. Sale definitely didn't have it today - which is a bummer. 

Must admit wanted Sale to win his games and Red Sox to loose the series.

MLB Network is offering a free preview to most cable providers AND DISH & DirectTV through Oct 11. The rest of that series and the other ALDS will be on Fox Sports 1.

Correction: Game 1 of NYY & Cle will be on MLB Network as well.

During Spring Training I clicked on that channel and thought the cable overlords had somehow added it to the line-up. I eventually learned it was just some sort of Spring Training promotion deal. It magically went away when the season started. I feel fortunate these days that the Pirates have a network that shows almost all the games. I can recall a time when that was not the case. I am not interested in watching any other teams or games. So my season of Baseball watching is finished.

Man that was a pitching clinic by the Tribe tonight. Miller wasn't 100% but the other 8 1/3 was nasty.

Only 4 singles by the Yanks and 2 of 'em were by ex-Cub Castro.