Little bit of (who cares) trivia - a girl my oldest daughter went to school with here in this little Indiana town of 8500 people is married to Yankee Chase Headley.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, I  thought the Cubs would be extremely lucky to eke out a victory over Strasburg. He's a definite Cy Young candidate, most likely the winner in the NL. He was a total beast, throwing a no-no through 5. We manage to scratch out 2 runs in the 6th, all after 2 outs (something we were NOT doing before the break in July). Then Rizz goes opposite field for an RBI double later in the game.

BUT - The Professor was as good as he's been all year, my man Carl Jr. went 1-2-3 in the 8th, and Davis nailed it down in the 9th. 3-0. We STOLE one. 

12 hours of playoff ball today. Felt like the opening weekend of March Madness, I OD'ed and it was nice.

Man, I  thought the Cubs would be extremely lucky to eke out a victory over Strasburg. He's a definite Cy Young candidate, most likely the winner in the NL. He was a total beast, throwing a no-no through 5. We manage to scratch out 2 runs in the 6th, all after 2 outs (something we were NOT doing before the break in July). Then Rizz goes opposite field for an RBI double later in the game.

BUT - The Professor was as good as he's been all year, my man Carl Jr. went 1-2-3 in the 8th, and Davis nailed it down in the 9th. 3-0. We STOLE one. 

12 hours of playoff ball today. Felt like the opening weekend of March Madness, I OD'ed and it was nice.

Absolutely loved yesterday.  So much good baseball.  I didn't think that Indians Yankees game would ever end.  Loved switching to it during the commercial breaks of the Cubs game.  Man, I was worried with Strasburg on the mound.  I had it chalked up as a loss in my mind before the game.   But wow, the error in the 6th really gave the Cubs the spark they needed. 

Now I wish Boston would actually remember they are the Red SOX not just the Reds, cause they are playing about as well as Cincinnati.  

Great, exciting 9th inning in last night's Yankees/Indians game. Chapman is something else. All around, a great pitched game.

Cub's bullpen really blew a great Lester start -- looking forward to see how Quintana handles the pressure, today.

4 errors in 6 innings - 2 errors on one play. Take Quintana out and then next batter makes it 1-0 Nationals. Not good.

Schwarber better get that run back with his bat.

probably, listening to his press conference yesterday gave me flashbacks. 

Now it looks like Strasburg is gonna pitch.  He is gonna have to a have a great game otherwise it is gonna blow up in the Nat's faces.

we'll see.... he's no Dusty Baker but he had some memorable gaffes. 

Ha. Wasn't it Dusty Baker who talked about not wanting too many runners on base because it clogs them up? 

Francona seems to have moved on just fine....