Getting to know the SSF5 Musicians/Bands & Comedians

Thanks for sharing. I've enjoyed viewing all of these artists. Saturday will be very busy. I'm looking forward to seeing Kevin Morby. Big Thief and Deep Sea Diver as well. I'm hoping that the scheduling allows being able to catch all of these acts!

Thanks for sharing. I've enjoyed viewing all of these artists. Saturday will be very busy. I'm looking forward to seeing Kevin Morby. Big Thief and Deep Sea Diver as well. I'm hoping that the scheduling allows being able to catch all of these acts!

Joe, I'm just hoping that the weather cooperates with the scheduling!

Joe, I'm just hoping that the weather cooperates with the scheduling!

Logistics, weather and scheduling. Let's hope for the best! 

Opening with Misunderstood's opening lyric of," Back in my old neighborhood" is as appropriate and awesome as the Friday's Request Show opener of the Boys Are Back In Town... good times.

I was able to hear the new Kevin Morby, City Music, and it's great! Just as good as his earlier stuff. I'm almost as excited to see his set as I am to see Wilco.

Me too. The new stuff is terrific!

I will leave you with a choice from the Comedy showcase. I give you Hari Kondabolu!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoho9I3B2II

Ok, that was fun! Now YOU go to the Solid Sound Lineup (right here you lazy people: http://solidsoundfestival.com/lineup/ ) and choose ANY act...be random! Close your eyes and poke a finger at the computer screen and choose whoever you hit! Whatever. Then post us one of their videos which can probably be found on YouTube.

NOTE: To post a video, you want to copy the video address, then open a reply window here. When you have that window, look in the upper left, right next to the font dropdown up there. See the square with the greenish-blue stripes? If you float on it, you'll see that it's the "Special BB Code". Click that square. See the "please select" dropdown? Click that and about halfway down the list is "media". Select that. Then put in the address you've previously copied from YouTube. That's it! 

It sounds more complicated than it is...I promise, after you've done it once it will be obvious and easy from there on.

Now come on! Entertain me!  :banana

• 2 weeks later...

Scrolling through this topic getting ready. I don't see Aparna on the SS schedule. Am I missing something?

Wierd...I don't have time to check but when I posted that I took her name straight off the SSF lineup site. She's good, I hope she hasn't had to cancel! Somebody with more time, investigate!

Wierd...I don't have time to check but when I posted that I took her name straight off the SSF lineup site. She's good, I hope she hasn't had to cancel! Somebody with more time, investigate!

No Aparna or Ian Michael Black - bummer.

https://www.facebook.com/solidsoundfestival/posts/1561923247175281

the new Big Thief album - Capacity is great for those who haven't heard it. The new Kevin Morby is also solid. Kurt Vile puts on a real relaxed show, I've seen him twice. I love his records, but don't expect a lot of "excitement" before Wilco's performance.

the new Big Thief album - Capacity is great for those who haven't heard it. The new Kevin Morby is also solid. Kurt Vile puts on a real relaxed show, I've seen him twice. I love his records, but don't expect a lot of "excitement" before Wilco's performance.

Exactly my feelings on all three. Kurt will be a great dinner break for my wife and I.